I Saw You (Jojen)💜

Bran's hand latched around my wrist for comfort as Osha tensed. "What's going on?" I whispered in urgency to the older woman.

She waved me to be quiet but looked at me. In a more silent voice, she whispered, "Stay here and watch your brother, alright? I'm going out to see who's trying to creep up on us." I nodded slowly as she turned, face serious as always, disappearing into the foggy woods.

My yonger brother tugged on me. "Don't worry," I soothed, using my other hand to pat his in an attempt to calm him. I shot him a small smile. "Osha will deal with it. And if they happen to slip by her, we have Summer and Colt and you have me." Just then, both Summer and my dire wold, Colt, bristled and growled. I looked over to see someone approaching us. I stood, putting myself between the wolves and Bran. If he wanted my brother, he would have to go through those wolves and then me afterwards. "Stop there," I called to the stranger. Bran tugged on my ankle nervously but I ignored him. The stranger stopped. His eyes met mine and he... smirked. My face twisted in confusion at the gesture. "Not another step, boy. Unless you want to drown in your own blood."

For a second I was distracted by worry: where was Osha? Upon seeing her approaching as quietly as possible, I calmed. There she was. I smirked, but the stranger's confidence didn't falter. In fact, at my smirk, his own grew and his eyes never left mine. "I'm unarmed," the boy declared calmly.

Osha scoffed. "That was poor planning."

I glared at him but the boy just slowly tilted his head, watching me. "My sister carries the weapons." My eyes went wide as there was the sound of a weapon unsheething and suddenly there was a knife around Osha's throat, a girl I hadn't noticed before holding it. I went to step forward and rush to Osha's aid, but the older woman gave me a sharp look and I remembered my crippled younger brother behind me. I had more helpless people to worry about.

The girl spoke, catching my attention. "I'm better with them," she snarked. I had to admit the quip won me over. I liked her and I hated myself for it. The boy's smirk grew and I found myself passionately hating him instantly - the opposite of how I connected to his sister. Maybe it was his irritating confidence. "Drop the spear," the girl ordered Osha. "Drop it," she repeated when the older woman hesitated.

Slowly but surely, Osha took one hand off the spear and pulled the weapon back, her hands up in surrender. I tensed as Colt and Summer's growling intensified. The boy seemed at complete ease though. "You kill me," Osha seethed. "Those wolves will tear you to bits."

The boy's smile faded as he seemed to internally sigh. He grew more respectful, approaching my brother's dire wolf first. Both wolves tensed and my eyes widened. This boy was completely moronic! How did the girl deal with such a daft brother? "You must be Summer," the boy greeted in an overly casual kind of way. Summer's growling got uglier. The boy met Summer's eyes and held out his hand. He smiled, warm and soft and friendly. I froze, unsure as Summer leaned forward and sniffed his hand and stopped growling.

Just like that, Summer relaxed, yawned, and then walked past the boy and away. My eyes widened in shock for a second before my irritation flared up. Colt was paused, still tense and ready to attack but put off my Summer's reaction to the boy's scent. Summer was, after all, Colt's alpha, even though I was Bran's older sibling. "Are you kidding me, Summer?" I complained. The wolf ignored me. "Come back!"

 "Come back!"