Find You - Simon

A/n: Hey so I got a request! I never do Simon stuff and I found this really old story like two weeks ago that I started about him so I'm already in the Simon feels and when I had the option I hella fucking jumped. So yeah. Simon imagine blessed to you all by @Animeia_Sangster !! Thanks girl! I hope you like it and that you feel like I did a well enough job of portraying you :D

---

- 3rd Person POV -

When Animeila first met Simon Brown, they were extremely young. It was even before his mother died. He was happy and his happiness was so contagious that she felt it whenever she was around him. She didn't get to feel that often, and, therefore, found herself more and more hanging around him, collecting that warm blanket feeling and soaking it up as much as she could.

Then Simon's mother died. It changed everything. For a long time, the entire family was on its head. Simon did nothing but cry and cling to her and beg her to never leave and she promised. Even at their young age, she learned what it was to lose. What it was to hurt. She learned what it meant to be alone. Because, before, even though she had no one but the Browns, she had the Browns. Now, she did not even have that.

When she would leave Simon's house, or slip away from their secret meeting place, she would go home again and slip into the house through her window. Animeila would climb into her bed and pull the covers up[ to her chin after she slipped underneath them. Then she would cry. She could not cry silently back then and so she'd bury herself under her sheets and put her face down into the pillow and do everything to muffle her loud, heartbreaking sobs. Not only had she lost the only motherly figure in her life, she'd lost her entire happiness. She'd lost her best friend as she knew it, and his family that equally meant so much to her.

In those dark moments, where she would tell herself she would never leave her blankets and she'd let herself rot away, she had to stop. She had to remind herself to breathe. Her chest would be tight, but her eyes would be squeezed shut tighter. She would force even breaths in and out and remember better times.

Usually she thought of how they'd met first.

"Hello."

Animeila looked over to the little boy that had just approached her. She had been standing still in the middle of the walkway, head tilted all the way back, staring up into the sky with a hopeless expression, all by her lonesome with no one else in sight. She was alone, soaking in the sun and the gorgeous blue sky. It had intrigued the boy enough to point it out to his mother, who'd been walking with him on the other side of the road. She, at that point, had been worried and confused enough to come over to check on the young girl.

"Hi," Animeila whispered, her voice cracking.

"What's your name?" It's Simon who's taken the initiative to talk to this lonely girl.

"Animeila," Animeila responds without a second thought. Simon's eyebrows crinkled.

"Ani...Amin....Amim..." Mrs. Brown nudges her son, giving him the 'You're being rude' look and the young boy snaps his mouth shut a second before sighing and looking back at his strange friend. For he already did think of her as a friend. "I can't say your name -" Another nudge from his mother. "May I call you Mei?" Animeila tilted her head, but a tentative smile was growing on her face.

Mei. She liked it. "Sure." The two beam at each other. "What is your name?" She asks after the moment passes.

"Simon," Simon tells her. "Simon Brown." He holds his free hand - the one not in his mother's - out to her, offering it. She takes it with a bit of uncertainty and they shake. "Nice to meet you." She nods in agreeance. "So, Mei, why are you out here by yourself? Are you lost?" Well, he wasn't one to beat around the bush, was he?