Boyfriend To Boyfriend

This scene takes place minutes before Jace wakes up in the infirmary after being stabbed with Glorious and having the bond with Sebastian broken in City of Lost Souls

"This is all my fault...."

"Alec, you can't keep blaming yourself. This wasn't your fault. It was Sebastian's. He's the one you should be blaming. Not yourself."

"But if I had just stayed with Jace on the roof that night....if I had just waited with him....this wouldn't have happened."

Isabelle went quiet as she watched her brother hold his parabatai's hand and squeeze it. "If it's any consolation, Magnus and the Silent Brothers did an amazing job healing him. Huh. That's two things I never thought I'd say in a sentence together."

Alec chuckled. "Yeah, Magnus is pretty amazing...."

Isabelle smirked. "I did mention the Silent Brothers too, you know."

"Magnus is amazing when it comes to this stuff. He knows everything-"

"Oh my sweet Raziel, would you just call him already? I know you're dying to see him. Just call him. You'll feel better when you do."

Alec shrugged, taking his phone out of his jeans pocket. He tapped on Magnus' name and put it on speaker, waiting for an answer.

Magnus' voice sounded sleepy when he finally picked up. "Alec? What's wrong? Is everything okay?"

"I'm fine. I just wanted to hear your voice."

Magnus chuckled. "That's cute. You're cute. Did you need me for anything? Any hurt friends? A demon that needs summoning?"

"What? No. I wanted to call and see how you were doing. You were wounded after all. How's it healing?"

Alec heard a groan and the squeak of a leather couch as Magnus sat down. "It's healing. Not as fast as I'd like it to, but it's getting there. Hope you like boys with gruesome scars."

"I'd love you no matter how many scars you had. Looks aren't important to me."

Magnus laughed. "I noticed! Hence the shirts with the holes and messy hair. Are you trying to be beautiful on purpose?" He laughed again. "You're blushing, aren't you?"

"He is," Isabelle spoke up, giggling from across the room.

"Shut up, Izzy. Get out of here. Don't you have anything else better to do than be annoying?"

Isabelle rolled her eyes. "You're no fun. I can't even say that you're no fun anymore because you were never fun in the first place." She got up and walked to the infirmary doors, heels clacking across the floor. "Bye Magnus! Hope to see you soon!"

Magnus giggled as Isabelle left the room. "I like her. She's feisty and she has spunk."

"Don't ever say that again. Please. I almost threw up in my mouth...." Alec placed his phone on the bedside table and sat back in his chair. "How are you doing, Magnus? Like really doing?"

"Alec, we've been over this already. I'm fine. My wound is healing. There's no need to keep asking the same questions over and over."

Alec rolled his eyes. "I know. But I can't get you out of my head. I worry about you-"

"Hush. Stop. You have no reason to worry about me, Alexander. So you can put your pretty little mind at ease." He slurped, which made Alec wonder what he was doing. "How's Jace? I haven't seen him since we brought him back."