48 Hours

Homophobic slurs are made in this fic. Just a quick warning for readers

"Strap him down! Make sure he doesn't get loose!"

"Strap him down with what? We don't have anything-wait. Give me your belt."

"What?"

"Your belt, Jace! Give it to me!"

"Fine! Jesus."

It had been 4 hours since both Jace and Magnus, with the help of several other Shadowhunters, finally managed to capture Alec and secure him back at Magnus' loft. He might've actually been unconscious or the demon inside Alec was just playing games. Demons were known for their mind games.

Before the wild goose chase, Alec and Jace had been out on a mission. The intel they were given said there was a demon loose at the docks. What nobody knew was that the intel was wrong. Very wrong. Demon was actually plural; there were demons loose at the docks where the Jade Wolf was located, and the parabatai were the first to arrive at the scene.

"Cover my six. I'm going in," Jace yelled over the roar of the pack of demons that strongly resembled wolf spiders.

"Jace!" Alec hissed, but it was pointless. Jace had already sprung into action.

The demons just kept on coming. One after the other, it felt like when they killed one, two more took its place. It was impossible. Not to mention the werewolf pack that belonged to Luke had fled under orders. Alec didn't blame them. There were too many demons to handle.

"Jace look out!" Alec raised his bow and shot an arrow straight through a demon's forehead, killing it instantly. "Pay attention!"

"Pay attention?! Pardon me but have you seen how many-" Jace slashed at a demon with his blade. "Have you seen how many demons are here? If I had a dollar for every time I swung this blade tonight, I'd treat everyone to dinner."

Alec was about to respond when a black smoke rose up from the ground and hovered behind Jace. It started to grow and form a human like shape, except it still looked like pure smoke. It reached towards Jace, its red eyes glowing vehemently.

"Jace!" Alec yelled. He raised his bow to aim and shoot but the demon was faster. His weapon was knocked out of his hands as he was suddenly lifted off the ground by his throat by a clawed hand.

The inside of the demon's mouth looked like embers after a fire went out, but it smelled much worse. Alec had seen and smelled his fair share of weird things out there in the world, but this was enough to knock him off his feet. It smelled like a corpse; rotten and decomposing.

The claws around his throat tightened and Alec choked, struggling to breathe. His vision was starting to turn dark. He felt his extremities growing numb as the life drained from his body. When Alec tried to call out to his parabatai, it seemed like Jace was too far away and he couldn't be heard.

The demon raised its other hand, a finger pointing directly at Alec's mouth. Completely against his will, Alec could feel his mouth open on its own and felt the smoky, clawed finger go down his throat. He struggled and choked. It felt like he had walked through a group of people smoking three cigarettes at a time. Or he had stepped into a burning house.

Jace turned around to see his brother at the mercy of a large, smoke covered demon. He yelled and tried to make a move to save him but an invisible force shoved him backwards into the metal crates. He banged the back of his head as he flew backwards but didn't get back up right away because of the initial stun of the impact.

Jace had watched helplessly as his parabatai fell to his knees on the wet pavement, the smoke demon entering through his mouth as Alec screamed at the grotesque intrusion. This wasn't natural, Jace knew that much. A Shadowhunter could only be possessed under very certain circumstances, mainly because of the protection of their Angelic rune. The rune prevented them from getting possessed. Those circumstances consisted of moments of weakness, or the other alternative that no one ever chose, acceptance of the demon into the body. Jace didn't want to believe that Alec chose acceptance. It wasn't like Alec to do that.