Neighbors

AU where Alec and Magnus become neighbors. Actually a continuation of Delivery Boy (takes place months later) via all the requests for a second part. So enjoy. It's worth the read. Trust me

"How far are you from the top step?" Huffed Robert Lightwood.

"Uh....about three more steps. Are you losing your grip?" Alec called out.

Another huff. "No. I'm losing my breath. Let's hurry up and bring this up before I lose everything."

When the couch was finally up the last stair, the two Lightwoods collapsed on top of it, breathing heavily.

"We still have to bring up my desk too...." Alec breathed out. "And my bed."

Robert groaned. "I'm hiring a mover. I can't carry another thing up that stairwell. Is anyone even aware that the elevator is out of order? That would make life so much easier."

"You could just start working out," Alec dodged his father's playful hand. "Call in Michael. I'm sure he'd help us out. Maybe Jace can come over too."

Robert was already on his phone as he spoke, chatting away to his best friend Michael Wayland.

Alec's own phone began to ring. It was Jace. "I was just talking about you!" Alec laughed as he answered.

"I figured. My ears were burning," Jace snorted. "What's up? I heard you're moving into your own place?"

"Yup. My own bachelor pad. Finally."

"And when were you going to tell me? I had to overhear this from my dad who's on the phone with yours. That's pretty sad, dude. My feelings are hurt."

Alec laughed. "Well if it makes you feel any better, why don't you come over and help me bring up furniture? We could use some extra muscle."

"I do have nice muscles," Alec heard Jace kiss his bicep and laughed. "Text me the address and I'll be there as soon as possible."

"Will do. See you in a bit." Alec hung up just when his father did the same. "Is Michael coming over?"

"He has meetings all day long. He said Jace would though. Were you just talking to him?"

"Yeah, I just got to text him the address and he said he'll be right over. I'll do that there now....." He tapped away on his phone and sent the address to Jace. "Done. Pretty sad that we can't handle this by ourselves."

Robert laughed. "I'm not as young as I used to be, kiddo. Believe it or not I used to be a weightlifting champion."

"Ugh. Not this again," a voice said behind Robert. Isabelle, Alec's younger sister, groaned and sat on the couch (which was still out in the hallway). "We heard this story before, daddy. It's old. Like you."

Robert sighed. "I love telling that story. Reminds me of my younger days...."

Alec sat next to Isabelle, completely ignoring his father's audible mumbling. "What's up? Just got off work?"

"Nope. I closed up shop today. I'm trying to avoid someone there. Surprisingly, I ended up seeing him on the street. But he didn't see me, thank god."

"Who's he?"

Isabelle shrugged. "Some guy named Simon. You don't know him. He keeps trying to get my number at the shop. I mean he's cute and all but I don't know....actually, I think he's kinda nerd hot. Annoying but nerd hot."

Alec rolled his eyes and shook his head. "I'll never understand your love/hate fascination with that boy. Just ask him out already!"

"I can't! He's Clary's best friend. I think he likes Clary but I'm not entirely sure. It would make things weird...." She sighed. "Maybe I should just forget about him altogether. There's plenty of fish in the sea."