Addicted To You

The thing about falling in love when you're not supposed to is that it's often the sweetest kind of love there is. The risk of getting caught is like a drug; it becomes addicting.

See, drugs are tricky. Depending on the type of drug, the after effects vary. Some leave you on a high. Others make you hallucinate. None of them are good for you, but yet it's the addiction that keeps people coming back for more.

That's how Magnus felt while he was kissing Alec.

There was no drug in the world that even compared to Alec's kisses. They were addicting and he found himself constantly going back for more. Luckily, he had a special relationship with the dealer and could always get hooked up with more whenever he wanted, free of charge.

Alec stirred beside him. Looking to his right, Magnus watched as Alec stretched and yawned loudly, turning over on his back. Now he was facing the ceiling and snoring softly, his hair a complete mess. Magnus thought he looked so young and vulnerable laying there like this. Being so used to looking up at a powerful warrior, it felt different to be now looking at not a warrior, but instead just a regular sleeping young man.

He moved to lay on his back and stared up on the ceiling. The stars that he had on his ceiling had lost a little of their greenish glow, unlike earlier that night when they glowed so bright that it was almost like looking at actual stars. Magnus wondered if Alec ever saw the stars before. Living in New York didn't exactly mean you had a fantastic free light show every night in the sky. The city was too bright to see the stars up above. He'd have to take Alec out sometime to go stargazing.

Beside him, Alec yawned and stretched again. His right arm was now splayed above his head and his left rest on his stomach. Magnus be his lip to keep from laying as Alec let out a snort and grumbled something under his breath. Magnus wasn't sure what he said exactly. All he knew that Alec just simply couldn't get any cuter than he was right now.

Except he did. His lip stuck out in a childish pout as he whimpered. He must've been dreaming of something or another.

"Oh, Alexander." Magnus slowly turned on his side, careful not to wake his sleeping beauty. Magnus moved a strand of black hair off his boyfriend's forehead with a gentle finger. "If only you knew how inhumanly beautiful you are when you're asleep. Is it weird that I like to gaze at you without you even knowing?"

Alec groaned and stretched one final time. This time he actually cracked open his eyes a little and looked around the room in confusion. He turned his head and Magnus, and the confusion went away with a smile.

"Hey," he said, voice raspy with sleep.

"Hey yourself," Magnus smiled. "How did you sleep?"

Alec rubbed his eyes with a hand. "Good. Really good, actually. Did you sleep at all?"

Magnus shrugged. "A little bit here and there. I mostly watched you sleep."

Alec snorted. "That's not creepy at all. Do you do that often?"

"Whenever I get an opportunity," Magnus chuckled, leaning over Alec and planting a sweet kiss on his cheek. "I hope you don't think I'm weird for doing that."

"Oh no. Not at all. It's....sweet," Alec laughed as Magnus rolled his eyes. "I'm being serious. I'm flattered that my sleeping habits amuse you and brings you happiness."

Magnus slipped a hand down over Alec's chest and abdomen. His skin was smooth to the touch and the hair on his chest and navel was soft under Magnus' palm. "You bring me happiness whether you're awake or not."

Alec smiled at this. Moving Magnus' hand from his chest, he too laid on his side so that he was facing Magnus on the bed. "Why do you do it?"

Magnus cocked his head. "Do what?"

"Watch me sleep."

Shrugging, Magnus ran a finger along Alec's bare shoulder. "Wouldn't you like to know?" He laughed when Alec scowled. "Aw, come on. Don't be like that. Can I just gaze at you lovingly without you being all judgemental?"

Alec felt goosebumps rise on his skin as Magnus continued to draw small circles on his shoulder. "I'm not being judgemental. I'm being curious. There's a difference."

"Oh. Right then. You should work on your curious and judgemental tones because they sound exactly alike."

Magnus made a move to get out of bed but Alec caught his arm. "Hey. Don't be like that. I'm sorry if I offended you. Didn't mean to."

Magnus looked down at the hand gripping his arm. "Okay. Apology accepted."

"Good," Alec nodded once. "But I'd still like to know why you watch me sleep. Please tell me, Magnus. Please."

The pleading in his Alec's voice was probably what broke Magnus down completely. Add a pair of round hazel eyes that gazed up at him like the cartoon deer Bambi and Magnus knew he was done for. At that moment, he would've done anything and everything for this beautiful man.

"Fine. I'll tell you. But don't say I didn't warn you," Magnus sat back down on the bed. With a deep breath, he began to speak again. "I watch you when you sleep because it still blows my mind that I'm yours and you're mine and we share this damn bed together every night and I get to watch you lower your walls and just open up to me."

He took another breath as he gripped Alec's hand and squeezed it. "I watch you sleep because I feel if I don't, I'm afraid I'll miss something. I might miss you make a cute face or an opportunity to kiss you without you knowing. I'm scared I may even miss if you ever show a sign of distress and I won't be able to help you."

"Magnus-"

"Shhh. I'm not finished yet," Magnus put a finger to Alec's lip to silence him. "I'm addicted to your everything. Your face. Your voice. Your heart. If you were to be taken from me right now I'd go through withdrawals until I get you back and get another fix of you. You're my drug, Alexander."

After Magnus finished speaking, Alec sat up in bed. He wasn't sure of what to say exactly, but he did know that a kiss says what words cannot. Leaning forward, he kissed Magnus with his hands cradling the warlock's neck, thumbs stroking the skin just below Magnus' jaw.

"What was that for?" Magnus asked when Alec finally pulled away.

"I didn't know what to say. A kissed seemed appropriate to describe how I'm feeling," Alec smiled, "because right now I finally understand why you do it. Why you watch me sleep. Everything you said is exactly how I feel about you. I watch you sleep too, you know. You're the not the only stealthy one around here."

"Just because you have a magical tattoo that gives you stealthy powers doesn't mean you're stealthy," Magnus smirked as Alec kissed his jaw. "In some ways it's cheating."

Alec laughed. "Right. Sorry. I was kind of born into this whole cheating society. I guess we don't need my stamina rune anymore if it's considered cheating-"

"Buhbuhbuh," Magnus shook his head. "That's the one rune I condone 110%. Can't get rid of that one."

Alec licked his lower lip (rather seductively, Magnus took note of). "Right. We need that one, don't we?"

Magnus smirked. "Yes. We do. So....you don't mind if I watch you sleep sometimes?"

Alec shook his head. "No. Because I do it to you too. Guess we're both losing sleep over each other."

Magnus placed his forehead on Alec chest. "I'd rather lose sleep than lose you."

Alec kissed the top of Magnus' head. "Me too, Magnus. Me too."