Soft

The phone was what woke both men up from their slumber. It's shrill noise was coming from somewhere in the kitchen but neither of them made a move to get it. It was much too warm and comfortable under the quilt. Alec's back was scorching against Magnus' chest and stomach but neither of them had any complaints. They were comfortable and quite content with the way they were.

The voicemail eventually kicked in. "Hey Alec it's Izzy. Just letting you know that you finally got a day off today. Enjoy it while you can. Don't do anything I wouldn't do. Love you!"

At the sound of Isabelle's voice, Magnus flew up from off the couch and grabbed the shirt on the floor and put it on hastily over his head. "Alec! Get up. Now. We have an entire day to spend together and I refuse to spend it in bed all day."

Alec yawned and got up. He rubbed his eyes sleepily. Magnus couldn't get over how adorable he looked with his messy bed head hair. "What? I have a day off?"

"Yes. Now put on a shirt please. And fix your hair. The lord knows mine is a complete mess....." In an attempt to fix his hair, Magnus raked his fingers through it to try and look like there was some order to it. "Jesus. I look like crap."

"You look good," Alec smiled crookedly. He was still half asleep, his voice deeper than usual. "Why the rush? We have all day."

"All day," Magnus snorted. "There's only so many hours in a day and so many things we have to do together."

Alec paused to stretch before running a hand brought his messy black hair. "Alright then. What did you have in mind?"

"Hmm? Oh I don't know," Magnus cleared his throat abruptly. His attention was diverted to the mop of black hair on Alec's head, looking more and more appealing by the second.

Alec eyed him suspiciously. "Why are you wearing my shirt?"

Magnus looked down at himself. Shit. He had on Alec's white shirt from the previous night. "Uh....I just threw my shirt in the wash. Yours was the only one I could find."

Alec shrugged and shuffled out of the room, still yawning. To Magnus' horror, he was wearing the shirt he had picked up off the floor, and that shirt belonged to Magnus. It didn't quite fit him and was a little snug around the arms and short at the waist.

Following Alec to the bathroom, he found the Shadowhunter trying to flatten his hair and make it somewhat presentable.

"My hair is a mess," Alec laughed. "Watch what it does when I do this."

Magnus watched as Alec took a curly black strand and tugged on it. When he let go, the strand went right back to a curl again. "I love your hair. It's so soft and fluffy looking."

Alec crossed his arms over his chest. This made the shirt stretch right over his shoulders and biceps. "You think my hair is soft and fluffy?"

Magnus tilted his head to look at it from a different angle. "It's lovely. It also makes me want to touch it and just run my fingers through it."

Alec mumbled something under his breath. "I'll let you run your fingers through it if you can help me get it back to its usual style-"

"Alec. This is its usual style," Magnus saw Alec roll his eyes. "But I'll do my best. Sit down on the chair."

"What chair-oh," Alec grumbled as a chair appeared beside them. "Just the usual style. Apart from this one."

"Your wish is my command," Magnus smirked. "Should I wash your hair for you too?"

At the mention of getting his hair washed, Alec raised an eyebrow. "You don't mind?"

Magnus sighed. "I wouldn't offer it it bothered me, Alexander."