Forever, I Do

When Alec peered out into the hallway to see how crowded the room was, his heart dropped to the floor when he saw that the small reception room was overcrowded with Downworlders and Shadowhunters alike. Some were sitting down, but the majority of them were standing due to lack of chairs.

"Wasn't expecting such a huge turnout, I take it?" Magnus' quiet voice said to him from behind.

"Not really. I didn't think many people supported our marriage. At least it didn't seem that way when we told them we were getting married..."

Magnus stood beside him and looked out too. "I see Isabelle. And Simon. Jace. Clary. I see all your friends out there. Does that not mean they support you a hundred percent?"

"I didn't mean them. I meant my parents. Especially my mother. The second I told her that I proposed to you, it was as if I had went and committed the ultimate Clave crime or something. She wasn't impressed with me at all."

Magnus frowned. "Alec. Sweetie. It's not about what your parents want. You wanted to marry me, right?"

"I want to marry you. I am marrying you."

"Then there you go. Is it against Clave law to want happiness?"

Alec shrugged. "No. Not that I know of. If it is then I'll definitely be stripped of my marks for sure."

Magnus chuckled. "Oh, Alec. The only thing being stripped of you is your clothes tonight when we get home." Magnus smirked as Alec's cheeks turned red. "Now get ready. We're up in five."

Soft music began to play throughout the room; a soft female voice with a soft piano melody. It was when the music started playing that the crowd immediately turned to face the back of the room, where Alec would make his way up the aisle first. As he stepped out and faced the crowd, he was struck with an overwhelming feeling of nervousness. He suddenly couldn't move. The longer he stayed there, the more he knew he was wasting precious time.

"Alec? What's wrong?" Magnus whispered.

"I-I can't move. I can't b-breathe. My chest hurts, Magnus. I d-don't know w-what to do-"

Magnus pulled him to the side, away from the crowd, cupping his face gently with two hands. "There's no need to be nervous. I'll be right behind you, okay? I'm right behind you."

Alec sighed, visibly relaxing. "All the way?"

Magnus kissed his cheek. "All the way."

This calmed Alec's nerves as he once again made his way up the aisle again. The music was still playing and the crowd had a smile on their faces as he slowly walked towards the altar where a Silent Brother was waiting.

Then Magnus followed behind. Even though Alec had only laid eyes on him seconds before, it felt as if he were seeing him for the first time ever in his life. He was gorgeous; hair sprinkled with flecks of gold glitter, black suit that was tailored perfectly for his body, and a confidence in his stride that made Alec's heart beat faster in his chest. This was the man he was about to marry. This was the man he was going to spend the rest of his life with.

We are gathered here today to celebrate the love that Alexander Lightwood and Magnus Bane share for one another Brother Samuel began. Due to certain circumstances, there will be no exchanging of marks for this ceremony. Our couple have decided to abide by mundane customs and exchange wedding bands instead. Let the ceremony begin

Alec looked at Magnus and took a deep breath, glad that the warlock's hands were holding him and keeping him steady. The room was starting to tilt sideways a little anyway. If he fell, he knew Magnus would catch him.