Dear Magnus

Dear Magnus

London is beautiful this time of year. The air is crisp and the sky is cloudy, just the way I like it. It's always raining but that's never bothered me. I like the rain. The sound is calming and reminds me of home and long nights of listening to the rain with you.

Although I must admit, the London now is nothing like the London you described when you first met my ancestor, Gabriel and Gideon Lightwood. It's a lot more noisier and filled with technology that they never had back in the day. People are constantly on their phones, cars cover every inch of the road and there's a Starbucks around every corner. Sometimes I wish I could've seen London back in the day with you. That would've been a sight to see.

Jace wants me to tell you that he fell in a fountain today. A mermaid was teasing him and he fell under her charms...thus leading him to fall in the water. Clary laughed for a good ten minutes. Isabelle wasn't impressed and neither was I, if I can be honest with you. Jace is usually so much smarter than this. Key word here being 'usually'.

I'm not sure when I'll be home again but I'll definitely let you know. Not even sure why you won't let me call you or send a text. I know it's easier than writing a letter. But you did get me this expensive quill and ink set so I figured I put into good use. The quill is too small for my hands and I'm starting to get a cramp but that's okay. Love hurts.

I probably should be getting back to training the young ones. They tend to get fidgety when they don't have something to do. Jace says it's because of the Starbucks on every corner and he's probably right. I've never seen kids so fidgety in my life (speaking of, we need to have a talk about adopting. I seem to be really good with them).

I promise I'll be home soon. Counting down the days until I'm in your arms again.

With love,
Alexander

P.S.: Don't get too excited but I found your old apartment here in London. There was a carving of your initials on the wall. It made me smile.

P.S.S.: Didn't they arrest people for that kind of stuff? You're a real rebel.

P.S.S.S.: I'll stop writing now. This is the last postscript.