Chapter 5. Friends

Being back at work was comforting. You got back into the groove of your daily routine with ease. If you were being quite honest with yourself you had enjoyed the rest of your suspension. It was like a vacation. That aside, you still wanted to slap Kylo Ren.

The angsty force user had not made another appearance to your knowledge. However, you had the slight suspicion that he was watching you throughout the day. Even Saw had noticed it.

"Do you feel like someone has been following us?" She asked as you took a bite of your rations. You swallowed and nodded.

"Its really giving me the creeps." You saw something move out of the corner of your eye and you winced. "Its like they are constantly keeping an eye on us." She gave you an uneasy glance and finished up her meal. You helped her clean up and you both headed back to your station. As you walked in the hall you continued your conversation. "Saw, can I tell you something?" You whispered and she nodded. "I think it's Kylo Ren." You explained and she gave you a confused look.

"Why would Kylo Ren be following us?" She asked and you shook your head.

"I'm not sure. Maybe he has a vendetta against me?" You chuckled and she gave you a weak side glance.

"That's not good, (Y/N). You don't want to mess with him." She said and you brushed it off. Even though Kylo Ren scared you to the bone you weren't going to let him bully you.

"Whatever. That whiny man-child needs to chill." You said and she let out a gasp.

"Shhh don't say that!" You both entered your station right in time, to be greeted by the one and only.

"You." He pointed at Saw and she shook in fear. "Get out." She looked at you and ran out of the doorway faster than a TIE fighter. You started to follow when you felt your knees lock in place. You couldn't move a muscle as Kylo Ren strode toward you. "So." He said and your eyes widened in fear. "Whiny man-child?" He said menacingly. You gulped.

"In my defense, everyone calls you that." You said weakly and he let out a aggravated sigh. He whirled around and walked several feet away, where he leaned against the wall facing you.

"You are so..." His voice trailed off and you wished you could move just an inch. "...confusing."

"Confusing, sir?" You asked. He sighed in response.

"You are terrified of me. I can feel it. I can hear it pounding in your mind. The day you spoke to me, when I arrived at your quarters, and even now." He paused for a moment. "And yet, you still don't filter your responses or even try to be respectful." If you could've moved you would've shrugged.

"I've always been a blunt person. It's why I don't usually make friends." You said and you could hear a slight chuckle exit the helmet.

"I've known the feeling." You were utterly shocked by the situation. Kylo Ren was relating to you? What was this?

"Have you never had a friend, sir?" You asked tentatively. You didn't really expect him to answer, and yet, he took in a deep breath.

"No. I can't say I have." His hands bunched up into fists at his side. "I've never thought the need to make them." You felt a pang of compassion. The same feeling coursed over you that you'd had when you saw him alone at the window.

Don't do it (Y/N). Don't you dare-

"I could be your friend." You blurted out and his body flinched in surprise.

"Why would you want to be friends with me?" He asked coldly and you felt the tension in your upper body release and you could shrug.

"Why not? Everybody needs a friend." He tapped the side of his helmet as if considering your words. He paced over to you and walked in circles around you. Finally he settled in front of you.

"Very well, (Y/N). We shall be friends." He declared. You were released entirely and you stretched out your legs a bit.

"Alright, I'm cool with that. But dude. First rule of friendship, you don't immobilize your friends, K?" You groaned as you shook your now asleep foot. Ren chuckled and started for the door.

"I expect you at my quarters tomorrow at noon. You can explain to me more the rules of friendship." With that he was gone and you leaned against the wall. You slid down into a squat and Saw ran in.

"OH MY GODS YOU'RE ACTUALLY STILL ALIVE" She ran down and crouched next to you. "Did he hurt you!? Did he threaten you?!" You sighed and gave a hearty laugh.

"Actually, me and Commander Ren are tight now." You held up a twisted finger symbol. "Yeah. Best buds, we are." She gave you a confused look.

"Okay... what?" You burst into giggles and explained what had happened.

"(Y/N), what the hell." She joined you on the floor. "You sure have a death wish, befriending the most dangerous man in the galaxy." You nodded.

"This should be interesting."