Chapter 21. Revenge

The rocking of the transport ship scared you to your core. Your fellow officers stood next to you piled in like sardines. You had never ridden in a ship with this many people, and you had a sneaking suspicion it was against regulations. From the sounds coming from the floorboards your suspicions were probably correct.

Land. Run. Fly. You kept repeating the steps inside your head as a mantra. It was a simple plan. Nothing could go wrong right?

Your heart beat faster as the ship hit the ground with a crash. Several officers toppled to the ground and a girl behind you began to throw up. This was the saddest excuse for an army the galaxy had ever seen.

When the doors opened you climbed out as quickly as possibly and immediately began looking for Kylo. He stood with another ship, standing next to Hux. You turned to survey the landing spot. You gulped as you realized there was a huge problem with your plan. The forest near the resistance base only stretched around the side where it stopped about 2 miles from your current location. There was no cover for you and Kylo to use as you escaped. You looked back at Kylo, he too looking at you. Even through his mask you knew he was realizing the same thing you were. There was nothing between you and the resistance base. Only grassy fields and the sun.

What are we going to do?! You screamed mentally. You saw Kylo wince from his position and knew he was listening in.

Follow my lead. The deep voice of Kylo spoke inside your head. You nodded toward him and he gestured for you to approach him and the General. When you reached then you understood what Kylo was doing.

"General we should have a scout go around those woods there and tell us the resistances status. As to help us with a proper time to strike." He said in his modulated voice. Hux raised an eyebrow.

"I suppose that is wise." He agreed. Kylo pushed you forward slightly.

"(Y/N) will go."

What are you doing? I can't go alone! How will you join me?"

Ill meet you there I swear. Just get yourself to those woods.

"Alright." The General handed you a com. "Report your findings when you get to a vantage point." His eyes bore into yours and you nodded quickly.

"Yes sir." You gave Kylo a parting look and headed in the direction of the forest. Jogging lightly you expected it wouldn't take you long to get there. It took you about 30 minutes and left you panting a bit. You found a tree near the edge and climbed up quickly. You looked over a branch to see the resistance barracks.

People were moving like ants. They all looked so cheerful, chatting and yelling at eachother. You grimaced as you realized some of them may die soon. They seemed so unsuspecting.

"This is (Y/N), the resistance does not seem prepared for an attack sir." You spoke into the com. You waited a few seconds before the crackling voice of Hux came through.

"Affirmative. Attack will begin shortly," You gulped.

Guess this is it.

(Y/N) I need you to promise me something.

No no Oh no

If I can't make it to you-

NO you will make it to me. So shut your stupid mouth. You growled angrily. We are leaving together. I will not go without you.