Chapter 12. Promotion

It has been so long guys and I'm sorry. I've been reading all these great fanfics lately and it has basically consumed me. But no excuses I have been a horrible author. Side note, check out My Favorites reading list I just added some good Harry Potter fics if anybody is interested. Also if you guys like Marvel check out my Bucky Barnes fic, it's coming along nicely. Anyway enjoy this chapter, and I love you guys 😅😍.

You made your way down to Officer Davis' office with a happy grin on your face. You were so excited that Officer Davis was proud of you and wanted you to stop by. You had let Saw and Kylo know you'd be going and they both seemed pretty excited for you. You couldn't contain the nerves running through you. You couldn't believe how quickly you were making your way up the first order ranks. First you had been made flight director and now Officer Davis wanted to promote you again!

You turned the corner to the upper level officer's floor. You made your way to the back office, which you'd only visited a few times. You knocked tentatively on the door and received an immediate response.

"Enter." Davis' loud voice rang out. You pressed the side button and the door slid open. You were greeted with officer Davis' is friendly yet slightly disconcerting smirk. "Hello, (Y/N). I've been expecting you."

Officer Davis had never been anything but friendly to you. However, something about his body language always put you slightly on edge. You always pushed those feelings down because he had never given you a reason to be worried. Yet, as you sat down in the chair in front of his desk you couldn't help but shiver at his eerily strong gaze.

"Sorry I'm a bit late." You apologized sheepishly. He shook his head, his smirk never faltering.

"Don't worry, dear. It's completely fine." The older man stood up and headed around his desk. You lifted your legs slightly as he sat on the edge of his desk directly in front of you. He was uncomfortably close to you, to the point where this had become unprofessional. You pushed down any concerns you had, because this was Officer Davis.

He's just really friendly.

"You've been doing extremely well here, (Y/N)." His eyes traveled down your body.

"Thank you sir." You said with a small smile.

"Where do you see yourself going with the First Order?" He asked suddenly. You gulped.

"Wherever I'm needed, Sir." You said with a nervous chuckle. His eyes lit up at your response.

"Good Answer." Before you could protest, Officer Davis' hand reached out slightly. Because of your already close proximity he didn't have to reach far to rest his hand on your knee gently. Your mind was racing at the small but intimate touch. You looked down his hand and back up at him with fear in your eyes. His smirk deepened and he laughed. "I see a lot of promise for your future (Y/N)." His hand stroked you knee and goose bumps appeared on your arms. You were uncomfortable but you didn't know how to speak up. All you knew is that you wanted him to stop touching you.

"T-thank you sir." You managed to sputter out. He leaned in a bit closer to you.

"I'm curious. Would you say that you'd be willing to do anything to further your career here?" You eyed his hand travelling a bit.

"Well, no, I-"

"Because I think," his hand moved to rest on your thigh, "an arrangement could be made." Your eyes widened as you realized what was happening. He raised an eyebrow and you shook your head.

"Sir I'd really prefer you move your hand." You choked out. You were mentally screaming to jump up and run out of the room.

"Certainly." And with that his hand moved up further so that it was resting on your inner thigh, dangerously close to your private region. That must have been the last straw for your body. As you jumped up knocking the chair over behind you. He retracted his hand with a jolt and a look of surprise crossed his face.

"I'm sorry sir, but no!" You said in a high pitched voice. "I'm not- No!" His expression turned dark just before you ran out of his office. You hurried down the halls in fear, thankful that they were empty. You quickly pressed the button on a supply closet and shoved yourself inside, locking the door behind you. You slid down the wall till you were sitting on the ground. You held your knees to your chest and shook your head.

Don't cry. Don't cry.

Your mind flashed back to all the prior meetings you had with Officer Davis. You realized now that your premonitions about the man had been correct. His overly touchy nature, mixed with his constant gaze following you, had been the signs of ulterior motives. You couldn't control your thoughts as they raced to the conclusion that your promotions probably had nothing to do with your skill. You've gotten to where you were because of some perverts lust for you.

You flinched as a loud knocking hit the door.

Oh god it's him.

"(Y/N), I sense you in there. I'm coming in." Your body relaxed as Kylo's modulated voice cut through the air. The door slid open and he kneeled down next to you. His helmet was off in a flash and his eyes displayed concentration as he read your thoughts. They turned into anger as he understood why you were there.

"Kylo-" He held up a hand to stop you.

"I will destroy him." His voice came out in a icy tone. Your shaky hand went up to his shoulder but he stood up. "I will end him."

"Kylo please-"

"I suppose you want to tell me to spare him?" He spat with disgust. You shook your head.

"No I just-" Tears began to form. "I need you right now. Can you just... deal with him later?" His eyes softened and he sat back down. "I need you with me." A tear fell and he wiped it away.

"I'm here." He said with a nod. With that your wall broke and you let the tears flow as you confessed to Kylo your realization. As you relayed the reason behind your promotion he held you tight, letting you cry on his shoulder. He softly kissed your forehead as he let you vent.

You had stopped Kylo Ren from acting immediately. He stayed with you for the rest of the night comforting you. Of course, the next morning he would deal with Davis...