Chapter 9. Battle

As soon as your new relationship with Kylo had started, he had been sent away. After your kiss with Kylo Ren you had happily made your way back to your room. Of course, as luck with have it, Leader Snoke had called Kylo for a meeting after you'd left. The scavenger girl had been reported as looking for young force sensitives across the galaxy, and Kylo would not stand for that. He had left in the middle of the night, but when you awoke in your chambers a note was hanging on the inside of your door.

(Y/N),
I hope to continue spending time with you when I return. Whenever that may be.
Yours,
Kylo Ren

You beamed down at the letter.

"Yours" hehe

You were like a giggling school girl. His handwriting was readable at best. It was similar to a school boy's, jagged and stiff. His O's looked more like L's and his N's looked like O's. You stuffed the letter into your drawer under your uniforms. You dressed yourself for work and happily walked to your station. Of course, Saw could see something was up from a mile away. Her hands were on her hips and her foot was tapping.

"What are you grinning about?" She asked with a smirk. You blushed a bit and sat down in your chair. You owed Saw the details. She had told you everything from the beginning about her and Hux.

"Kylo Ren kissed me." You said under your breath. You couldn't risk anyone hearing you, even though you both were alone in the control room. A hand went up to her mouth in shock.

"What the hell, (Y/N)." She said rolling her eyes. "Of course you picked the only guy on this ship who, if you broke up, would kill you." You narrowed your eyes a bit.

"Like you can talk. If your thing with Hux ends badly it could cost you your job, and mine." She shrugged.

"Fair enough. But be careful. Do I need to have a talk with him?" She smirked.

"You cannot intimidate Kylo Ren."

"Its my job, girl. I have to make sure he has good intentions."

You both emptied yourself in your work. You were worried about some images that had been taken from a nearby planet. You had a slight concern that there was resistance activity. You could see that in the past several weeks several buildings had appeared quickly. The indigenous species were not developed enough to have built them in such a short period of time. The pictures weren't clear enough but you had a sick feeling in the pit of your stomach.

"Hey Saw, can you come take a look at thi-" You turned around to see Saw smiling down at her holopad. She was quickly typing and you could see she was messaging someone. "Ahem? Saw?" Her eyes shot up and blush flew across her face.

"Oh! Sorry, I uh," She stuffed her holopad into her bag. "Armitage has the night off, and we are actually going to spend time together." She laughed.

"Oh wow, actual time, spent together? That's a rarity." You both laughed. You turned back to the images and elbowed her.

"Do you see something suspicious about these photos?" She leaned over and studied the pictures. Her eyes widened.

"That looks really bad. We should go tell Armi- uh, Hux." You agreed and you both bound together print-outs of the photos and the diagnostics from the past month. When you entered Hux's office a smile crossed his face as his eyes met Saw's.

"Miss Saw." He said with a grin. His face fell a bit as he realized you both had grim looks on your face.

The planet near Starkiller was a new resistance base.

The First Order would prepare for battle.