Chapter 17. Face of a Killer

Goodness Wattpad is just full of drama these days am I right? I feel like I've spent the past week just arguing with people. Thank you to the majority of you who don't feel the need to voice your negative opinions on my chapters.

"I need any security files that were salvaged from the annihilation." You instructed a lower officer in the small makeshift control room.

"Why do you need the security files? Do you happen to enjoy seeing the slaughtering of our people?" The Officer asked sarcastically. You narrowed your eyes.

"Why does it matter why I want them. I have the clearance level so just get me the damn files." You growled. He held up his hands in defense.

"Fine jeez. But they were transfered so fast in the data jump that we don't have them labelled. You're going to have to sift through them all to find what you specifically want." He gestured to a chair for you to take and crossed his arms. "So have fun." He exited the room leaving you with the files that would show you the face of Saw's murderer.

Who cares if they are labelled? This can't be too hard right?

*5 Hours later*

"(Y/N)? Are you in here?" Kylo's voice broke through your sleep and you snapped your head up.

"I'M AWAKE." You looked back and forth and relaxed when you saw Kylo standing next to you.

"How long have you been in here...?" He looked down at the obvious pile of drool on the table.

"Uh." You quickly checked your watch. "A few hours I guess." His eyes narrowed.

"You need to eat." He looked over at the monitor which was displaying footage from the destroyed base. "What are you looking for?"

"The footage from that day." You grumbled. "Specifically of Saw." He nodded.

"You want the face of her murderer."

"Yes."

"Why?"

"He doesn't deserve to live while she's floating around in open space as dust!" You slammed your fist onto the table. At that moment you looked up at the screen to see First Order Officers running through the hall. "Oh my god there it is..." You leaned in close to take in every second.

"Master Ren you are needed in the common room." An Officer behind you spoke.

"(Y/N) I have to go, please promise me you won't stay here all night."

"Mhm." You mumbled not removing your eyes from the scene in front of you. Kylo left the room without another word and you leaned back slightly in your chair.

The footage was without sound, and in complete black and white. You watched as your fellow workers ran fearfully through the halls. Tears welled in your eyes as you saw people being trampled trying to escape. The ship was shaking and you could see the cracking in the foundation. The door to you and Saw's control room lie open.

Finally she appeared. Saw was one of the last people to start heading for an exit. The hall was mostly empty when she turned a corner, running straight into a resistance pilot. You held your breath as you realized the pilot had shot her instantly. She fell to the ground. The pilot looked back at her a few times before making his own escape, leaving her there bleeding. Tears threatened to fall as you watched Saw pull herself towards the control room. As her legs disapeared from sight you paused the footage. You took in a deep breath before rewinding it. Stopping the footage at a moment when the pilots face was clear, you enlarged the image.

A strong jawline, with curly black hair and a five o'clock shadow. This was the man responsible for Saw's death. He clutched his gun tight to his chest as he rounded the corner. He shot Saw without a second thought. No mercy.

You printed out a hard copy of the man's face and folded it neatly. You shoved it into your jacket pocket and turned off the computer.

You went back to your sleeping area and took a long nap. You dreamt of the first time you had encountered Hux while accompanied by Saw.

"Hes handsome I suppose." You said with a shrug. She turned to face you and gave you a strange look.

"Hes gorgeous! What could you possibly mean? Suppose my ass!" You giggled. The General approached the two of you, his eyes on Saw.

"Miss Saw." He said with a polite nod. You looked over to see your friends usually confident demeanor had changed to an akward one. You were sure if her ebony skin could show it she'd be redder than Hux's hair. A light pink tinged on her cheeks. She tucked a loose strand of her black curly hair behind her ear.

"Hello General. How are you this evening?" The corners of his lips upturned ever so slightly.

"I have been well." His eyes sparkled a bit and he looked down at his holopad. "I must depart however. It was good to talk to you Miss Saw." She nodded and gave him a huge smile.

"Goodbye." Hux walked through the two of you. You realized he had not even noticed you next to her.

"What was that?!" You said incredously. She shrugged a bit with a goofy smile.

"Well you know I used to be his assistant. We are acquaintances. That was just a friendly talk."

"That seemed a little more than a conversation between acquaintances." You said with a sly smirk. A blush crossed her dark skin.

"Let's just go to lunch."

"Is that when you knew she loved him?" You snapped awake by Kylo's voice by your side.

"Were you listening to my dreams?" You asked while sitting up.

"I'm sorry. I won't do it if it makes you uncomfortable. My own dreams are nothing like yours and its...refreshing."

"Its fine i suppose." You picked up his ungloved hand in yours and began to inspect it. "You have new cuts." You pointed out.

"It happens." He shrugged. With his other hand held cupped your cheek and gave you a quick kiss. "Go back to sleep." You sighed and curled into him.

"You know the higher ups get their own beds. You don't have to sleep on the floor."

"The floor has you."