Chapter 32. Armitage

It wasnt long before the smooth body of the Nebula was coasting into the grassy plains of the First Order’s new planet. Ben landed her safely on a hill with a slighty bump as they hit the ground. You smiled at Saw and grabbed your blaster, throwing an extra one to her. You were finding it easier to maneuver things with only one hand.

“Hope we wont need it.” You said with a wink. You looked over to see Ben putting on his boots with a pained look. His face was pale and his eyes drooping. You paced over to him and put a hand on his forehead. “Are you feeling alright?” You asked, your voice laced with concern. He nodded and gave you a weak smile.

“Of course. Lets get going.”

----

You crept around the corner of a large tower, signalling your friends behind you to follow closely. Groups of stormtroopers patrolled by in 5 minute intervels allowing you to run in between them and make the slip into the building with the Officer’s cabins. You turned back to see Ben looking distraught and checking back and forth nervously. You mouthed a silent you okay? And he nodded weakly.

“His room will be the first one on the left. He refuses to sleep anywhere else.” Saw whispered with a smile. Excitememnt lit up her face as you closed in on the rooms. Saw began to run faster than you and Ben, turning around a corner with speed. You became more worried about Ben as he hovered concerned around you.

"Why are you nervous? You got us in and out of the Resistance before i could even say "lightsaber", Ben." You said with a teasing tone. His jaw tightened and he whispered in your ear.

"The Resistance doesn't have their own force user who's power rivals my own." Your eyes widened as you realized he was worried about Snoke.

"Hey," you said looking him in the eyes. "Itll be okay." He seemed to relax a bit and continued running down the hall with you.

"Halt!" A Stormtrooper commanded from behind you. Ben froze and turned around on his heel, his hand outstretched. The stormtrooper flew against the wall harshly and fell to the floor with a groan. "Really man..." he moaned as he slipped into unconsiousness. Another Stormtrooper rounded the corner and held up his blaster, preparing to fire. Ben threw him against the wall with ease and he too fell unconsious. You looked over at the two incapacitated soldiers and at Ben. He seemed to be thinking the same thing you were and you immediatly helped him carry them into a nearby supply closet.

When you and Ben emerged, you both wore the full stormtrooper armor. You put a hand on Saw’s shoulder and you began to escort her in your designated direction. Now, Stormtroopers passing assumed you were taking a prisoner somewhere. Finally you reached the first room on the left of the long line of Officer’s rooms.

“How will we get inside?” You asked biting your lip. You could almost feel Ben rolling his eyes as he unlocked the door with a click.

The inside of the General’s room was plain and regal. His closet lay open, replicas of his standard uniform were neatly pressed inside. Saw ran through the quarters, her shoulders falling when she realized he wasnt home. You removed your helmet and took a look through the General’s expansive bathroom and kitchen.

“He certainly has an impressive setup.” You said with a whistle.
“I certainly do Miss (Y/N).” The General’s gravely voice coming out from behind you. You quickly reacted and flipped around to see him pressing a blaster to your stomach. “Would you mind telling me why youve broken into my quarters?” He asked icily. You gulped and opened your mouth to respond, but Saw beat you to it.

“Armitage.” She whispered. The General’s eyes widened as he looked behind you to see Saw standing with her eyes watering.

For the first time in your entire career, through working with The First Order and being friends with Saw, you watched The General’s facade crumble. He dropped his blaster and ran past you with the speed of an olympic runner. Saw was immediatly pulled into the air and twirled around, tears of happiness flowing freely. Armitage pulled her into his arms and held her tightly to him. If he felt any shame for his crying he didnt show it.

“I thought you were dead.” He pushed out breathlessly. Saw didnt respond other than crying. You smiled at your best friend and quietly laced your fingers in Ben’s. You stayed silent in the background with him as Saw and The General reunited.

----

"Thank you Ren." The General said shaking Ben's hand. "There is no amount of gratitude I can express for you bringing her back to me." His eyes flicked over to Saw. "I apologize that I cannot help you leave the compound, but I do wish you both the best." He said with a smile.

"Its alright Hux." Ben said with a grin in your direction. You gave Saw a lasting side hug and a kiss on the cheek.

"Im sorry I cant come to your wedding." You whispered. She gave you a sympathetic smile.

"It wont be the same, where else would i find a one-armed bridesmaid?" She glanced back at Ben. "You sure you can't-"

"No." You confirmed with a smile. "We dont belong with the First Order, or with anybody really." Ben's eyes lit up and he cradled your waist. "We have the Nebula now, and thats all we need." You said kissing his forehead. Saw smiled and nodded.

"Goodbye (Y/N)." She said with a grin. You chuckled and took Ben's hand in yours.

"Goodbye Saw."

You departed the Officer's cabins quickly. Making your way to the edge of the compound. You couldnt contain your happiness and worked extra hard to walk like a stormtrooper. However by the time you reached the gate you had come in through, you were almost skipping. You could hear Ben's excited breathing exiting the helmet as he fast walked beside you. You glanced over slowly, considering taking off your helmet, when you felt lighter on your feet. Confusion crossed your face as the ground disapeared and you were left floating in the air. You let out a terrified bloodcurling scream and gasped as you turned around to see what or who was lifting you.

Standing at the edge of the field, arm outstretched and glaring menacingly, was Snoke.