Chapter-25

Ara's POV:

As I finished keeping my clothes inside the wardrobe, I heard a knock on the door.

I went towards the door and opened it. 

"Hello, my dear. I hope you know who I am." Malice asked in a sickly sweet voice with the fakest smile ever.

"Yes, I do. Please do come in." I said as politely as I could. She was very beautiful with a very sharp jawline. I am so jealous of her. 

She gracefully came inside my room and stood by the large window. 

"You are my son's beloved right?" She asked smirking slightly.

"Y-Yes I am" Why am I stuttering? 

"You rejected my son at first right?" 

"Yeah. I did. But -"

"-now, actually today you accepted him." she completed my sentence.

"Yes. I did."

"Do you know how much of pain he had to go through? he suffered each day because of you. Why did you reject him? He is the best mate anyone could ever get. You should find yourself lucky that he turned out to be your mate. Why should I allow you to be near him? What if you break his heart again?" she asked with her eyes full of fury. Did she love her son so much? Was Nate lying to me? 

"I-I wasn't in the right state of mind at that time. But now I have corrected my mistake. I will do anything to make up for him. But please don't take Euan away from me." I felt a teardrop fall on my cheek as I pleaded in front of her.

She came towards me and held my shoulders.

"Sit," She said making me sit on the bed along with her.

"Ara I know that you love Euan very much. I can see it in your eyes. But only apologizing will not do my dear." She said taking my hand in hers," You should be with him all along and not leave his side at any cost." she is such a lovely person. I misunderstood her when Nathaniel was talking about her. She really cares for Nate," If you listen to whatever he says, then I will totally approve of you becoming his beloved. But first, you should gain our trust." she said.

"But how do I do that?" I asked her looking directly into her eyes.

She sighed deeply getting up from the bed. She went and stood near the large window again.

"I want to tell you something very important Ara. Promise me that you won't tell it to anyone else. Not even Euan or Anna." she said folding her arms across her chest.

"Of course, you can trust me." 

"Ara, Euan's father has been the king for a few millions of years now. Its time to give the throne to his heir. And that would be Nathaniel."

"Yes. It will be Nathaniel." I said frowning slightly.

"But if he becomes the king then I am afraid he will banish Euan from his kingdom," she said turning towards me.

I gasped," I don't think so. Nathaniel loves his brother a lot. He wouldn't do that."

"Nathaniel wants only power, my dear. Do you know why he brought you here? That is because he knows that if you are here then Euan will get distracted and won't come between him and the throne. Euan will be left alone and Nathaniel will rule the kingdom mercilessly. I don't want that to happen." she said closing her eyes, "I want even Euan to get equal power in the kingdom. So I want you to help."

"Of course I will help. I will fight for Euan and go against Nathaniel. I will make him change his mind." I said determinedly.

She smiled," I am glad that you came to know what you have to do my dear." she came and hugged me, "I will leave now. Take care of yourself my darling" She said smiling widely.

As she opened the door I saw Nate standing there with a look of shock on his face," I didn't know you cared so much about your daughter-in-law mother," he said snarling at Malice.

"Oh my dear son," she said keeping a hand on his shoulder and going near his ear to whisper, "I care about many people in my family and especially you." I could hear what she had said due to my enhanced hearing ability.

She came face to face with Nate and smirked and left.

"Can I speak to you for a minute?" Nate asked coming inside my room.

How does he act so well? He cares only about power right? Okay, then two can play the game.

"Sure thing Nathaniel. Please sit down." I said gesturing to the couch.

"You know why you have come here right? Don't let Malice control your brain Ara," he said sitting on the couch.

And you weren't controlling my brain? I thought he loved his brother a lot. How can he betray him like this?

"Yeah. I didn't allow her to brainwash me. You don't worry. I will take care of everything Nathaniel. Everything will be alright before I leave this palace." I said faking a smile at him. Yes, I will. I will take care of everything.

"Where is Anna? I wanted to meet her as soon as I entered the palace." I said faking excitement on my face. That was the last thing I wanted to do. I am sure that, that bitch is with him as well. 

"She is in her room. She will be very happy to see you here. I am sure you should go and meet her." he said his eyes twinkling a little when he spoke about Anna. I guess he likes her," okay then I'll get going. Ask me if you want anything." he said and got up.

"Wait!" I said at once," Can you please show me Anna's room?" 

He frowned," Yeah sure. Come along." he said leaving the room with me on his trail.

I can easily find Anna's room with my enhanced smelling ability. But I wanted to see the reaction of Anna when she sees Nate. That is why I am going along with him.

"Here it is," he said stopping in front of a white colour door.

"Thanks," I said and knocked on the door before he goes. But he stood there along with me waiting for Anna to open the door.

And as Anna opened the door, I saw her first looking at Nate. Her eyes widened and I saw a slight blush on her cheeks. 

Even Nate was looking at Anna with twinkling eyes. I don't think anyone of them blinked their eyes until I broke their eye contact by coughing loudly.

Then and there I knew that Anna was Nathaniel's beloved. I smirked knowing that it would be easier for me to take Nathaniel down using Anna.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I know its a short chapter. Sorry about that. 

But please vote and comment!!

:)