Chapter-34

Xerxes POV:

Why doesn't this car go anymore faster than this?! Damn it! I hit the accelerator to reach Malice's car faster.

She must have gone too far by now but I have to catch her. I know where she is going so I'll have to catch her as soon as possible.

I could see a black car going a few meters away from me after a few minutes. I know it is her car. I continued to follow her and as I was about to overtake her car but she took a sharp turn. My car went on going forward and I couldn't even apply the brakes at once. So I did a full turn with my car but as I turned it I heard a bang on the roof of my car. I hit the brake and a man tumbled down on the ground from the hood.

He got up from the ground and started to glare at me.

I got off from the car and took a direct hit on him and pulled his head off from his body. I knew it was Malice who sent him. But why did she send only one of them? I was wrong, as I turned around to get in my car I saw almost fifty vampires standing and glaring at me with glowing red eyes and elongated nails.

Okay then let's make them regret standing in my way.

Anna's POV:

"Xerxes!" I shouted as soon as I went inside the palace.

He must have come here from the farmhouse directly. If he is not here then I'll have to ask Euan about him. I hope he is here.

"Are you here?" I asked opening his bedroom door, but I was welcomed by silence.

"Anna?" I heard Euan call my name from down the stairs.

"Euan? Have you seen Xerxes? Did he come here before I did?" I asked eagerly anticipating for his answer.

"Yes.." He answered softly not looking at me.

"Then where is he now?" I quickly asked him while coming down from the stairs. I stood near him but he tried not to look in my eye. Why is he avoiding the eye contact? Has he done something wrong? Is Xerxes hurt?

"Answer me Euan!" I shouted at him. I knew I shouldn't have shouted at him but right now all I was thinking about was Xerxes. He wasn't in control. What if he does something which is very bad. I am getting all kinds of scenes he could create in anger.

"HE- he has gone behind Malice, to catch her. " He looked at me with guilt in his eyes.

But why? What provoked him? Should I ask him? But right now I need to go to Xerxes.

"Where is Alice?" I hadn't seen Alice from the past few days and right now I needed her the most. I want someone to guide me the way she has done all these years.

"She is in the hospital wing," He said suddenly becoming very sad.

"What?! Why? What happened to her?" Why are all these things happening?

"Malice attacked her with her own pack members then she injected her with wolfsbane. That's the reason Xerxes has gone behind her. He was waiting for Malice to do something so that he could kill her."

"Take me to her right now. She is a-alive right?" I was on the verge of tears.

"Yes of course. Do you think I'll allow her to die?" He said trying to smile a bit.

"Come this way." He said guiding me through the palace to the hospital wing.

I quickly went behind him. We reached the door to her room and as I opened it I saw her lying on the bed as if she was in deep sleep.

"She will be waking up within one hour or so. I had found her just outside the forest near our garden area. Malice knows that I am not with her anymore."