Chapter-29

Euan's POV:

I went out of the door as soon as I said that to Ara. I felt bad for shouting at her, but I couldn't control my anger. My brother Nate did suspect me. But I don't blame him for that, if I would have been in his shoes then of course even I would do the same.

"What are you worried about my son? You were so engrossed in thinking about it, that you didn't even hear me when I called out for you. Are you still thinking about Luke's death?" My mother asked stopping me with a worried look in her eyes. She must be very worried about me.

"Yes mother, after my conversation with Nate, all I am thinking about is Luke. He was my best friend, how would I even think of killing him?" I said keeping my hand on the railing of the staircase.

She kept her hand on my shoulder," Son, don't worry too much about it. The culprit will be found soon."

"Yes, mother. I do know that. But how did Nate find my ring in Luke's room? I was in my room since morning. And the ring was in my hand when I had slept in the morning. Then how was that ring found in Luke's room??"

"Son, don't worry about it now. Even if Luke was your best friend, I don't think that he considered you as his friend. He even wanted the kingdom. He doesn't have anybody in his life. After you converted him into a vampire, he was under you and became your friend only because you gave him another life. Isn't it good that he is out of your life now?"

"How can you even say that mother?" I looked disgustingly at my mother and walked away. I didn't know that she could even tell something like that. But right now I have to go and find the person who gave me the ring. It will give me some hint of finding the culprit.

Anna's POV :

Thud. I fell on my bed exhausted. My brother has changed a lot. He totally acted like my mother today. He even hired spies and kept an eye on me. I had underestimated my brother. He can do anything.

"Tired beautiful?" At once a voice echoed through my room. He came back again. How does he even know where I am at what time? This is damn creepy. Is he some other supernatural creature I don't know about? I looked all around me, but I couldn't find anything suspicious.

"You can't see me until I want you to." Can he see me?!

"Yes, I can see you. But don't worry, I am not around you all the time."

"What do you do other than becoming an invisible person like this and talking to people when they are alone?"

"I don't talk to all the people. I talk only with you after becoming invisible. Let's stop talking about me, how was your stay at the palace?" He asked a bit excited. Why is he so excited to know about it?

"Umm...It was eventful."

"And how is Nate? Do you like him?" He asked as soon as I finished my answer, why is he so interested in that?

"Why do you want to know? It's none of your business." I said frowning a bit.

"That means you don't like him," he said a bit softly.

"When did I say I don't like him? And please don't ask such questions. I don't want to answer such questions."

He was silent. What happened to him?

"Hello?" I said. He didn't answer. Did he go away so quickly?

"Hello! Are you there?" I shouted a bit.

"What happened Anna?! Why are you shouting?" Niall asked knocking on the door.

"Nothing bro! I was just talking to Alice over the phone."