Chapter-31

Anna's POV:

The smell of blood hits my nose, I felt a bile coming up from my stomach.

 I saw her lying on the bed with a blanket on her body. The whole blanket was covered with blood. I could see only her head. The rest of it was just bloody.

I swallowed hard and stepped inside the room to look closely. Did Nate do this to her? Why will he do it?

There were blood stains on the bed. Tiffany was just lying there with her eyes closed. Please tell me she is not dead," Tiffany?" I tried to call out but my voice came out like a whisper. 

"Tiffany"I tried again  a bit louder.

"She's dead." I heard a voice from somewhere in the room. I saw to my left and saw a man sitting in the corner of the room. It was totally dark there, I couldn't see his face. He had locked his knees with his hands, which were covered in blood. A knife held in his left hand, his head was bent. My fear was confirmed, Tiffany was dead and he had killed her.

"Who are you?" I asked taking a few steps forward. I don't know from where I was getting the dare of even standing infront of a man who had a knife in his hand and can kill me the next moment if he wants to.

He laughed lightly. He slowly lifted his head up, " Don't you recognise my voice princess?"he said with a smirk.

My breathe got caught in my throat. How could I not recognise his voice? I have been talking to him from past few days. My heart started to beat even more faster than before. My whole body started heating up. I slowly saw darkness covering me and I fell into somebody's strong arms before the darkness completely swallowed me up.

-----

"Oh! we meet again." I heard an angelic voice behind me. And I knew it was her again. I could see the same surroundings as before. And when I turned back I saw her  still the same as I had seen before a week. I am so jealous of her. She is perfect in all ways.

"Yeah. We do." I said sadly looking at her, because I knew I would be going back soon. I was happy to come here leaving all that crap behind. I don't want to go through that much at once.

"How is everything going on Anna?" She asked smiling beautifully at me.

She knew everything. I could see it in her eyes, which said I-know-it-all. But even then she wanted to here it from me.

"Its a total mess. I don't know what to believe and what not to, what to think or whom to trust or even talk. I feel lonely."

"Well I am here always. I will always be beside you. Tell me, what's bothering you?" She asked sitting on a bench with flowers all around it. I felt bad to sit on that bench and make it look bad, but even then I sat beside her.

"You know what is going on in my life right now. You know how and why I fell unconscious just a few minutes back. I feel like the whole sky has fallen on me. I can't take this much all at once." I felt my eyes fill with tears.

She let out a small sigh," Whatever happens in life, the people who come and go, the events that happen. The good ones or the bad ones, all happen for a reason. Everything in this world has a reason. You are sitting infront of me for a reason. Your not any other girl I picked up, you are Anna Payne whom I am talking to. There wasn't and will not be any other girl other than you whom I can talk to." What does she mean by that? Am I somebody so special to her?

" The same way, everything which is happening in your life from past few days or will happen in future will have reason. You have to find it." She took my hand in hers, I felt warmth flow into my body. I saw her with my eyes filled with unshed tears. She continued, " You are Nathaniel's beloved for a reason. I know he loves you very much. And he will do anything for you. Anything. You may see different faces of him because of his possessiveness, but you should know that he won't ever harm you. You should help him out of all the troubles he has in his life. And only you can do it. Because you will know how he feels. I know you will understand him."