Chapter-35

Malice's POV:

As I enter the palace a row of servants are waiting to receive me on either side of the door.

My eyes search for that one woman to whom I had given the special work. Ah! there she is! at the end of the line with a guilty look on her face.

I went and stood in front of her. " I have done it, your highness," she said meekly. I smirked knowing that my work is still easier now.

I straight away went to the King's bedroom, I open the door and see him lying on the bed soundly. I could see a glass of blood half-emptied beside his bed. Good, he has taken it.

That means my plans have gone right. I slowly got near him and see the colour change in his skin. It has turned blue. I kept my hand on his chest to confirm it, yes he is dead.

In his hand was a paper which was handwritten. Time to call everyone, Malice.

I suddenly scream loudly, and in one second the room fills with all the servants with worried looks on their face. Oh, you don't know whom you should have been worried about.

"He's dead! No! It can't be! Why?!! No ! You can't leave me " I am such a good actress.

Everybody in the room gasps loudly and start to murmur. Some of them even start to cry.

"Your highness, this was found in the King's fist." one of them said giving me that paper.

"No dear, I can't read anything right now. I just want him back. Please read it for me."

He looked at me without assurance but even then he starts to read it out loud,

"My dear Malice and the people of my kingdom,

                                            I can't bear the pain of my beloved dying anymore. Even if it was a few centuries ago, I can feel the pain even today. It is like a fresh wound in my heart which will never be healed. I am really ashamed of saying this but I have taken poison and decided to go meet my wife. Malice please forgive me. I know you can't ever forget what I have done and might be ashamed of me also, but I had no other choice.

       But I leave the whole kingdom to you. The throne is now yours Malice. You will be the one to decide the next heir of the kingdom. Send my love to both my sons. I wish I could have seen them before dying, even then goodbye Malice. Take care of yourself and even the kingdom.

                                                                         Your dear King

                                                                        Dexter Gottfrid Drakos

I let even more tears to make their way through my eyes," Why did you do this Dexter?! How will I live on my own ?! Oh my god. What should I do now?!"

"Your highness, Its time for you to get up. The whole kingdom is on your shoulders right now. If you break down like this there'll be no one to console the whole kingdom and give them assurance." One of the people standing in the room says and sniffs a bit. Yeah, it is. At last, I've got the kingdom all for myself. I can do whatever I want. I really wanted to laugh out with happiness but I couldn't.

I fake a sniff and get up," Please do all the last rites and b-burn his body. I won't be able to see him getting burnt up like that so I won't be present at the place." I say and get out of the room with my head bent down.