Part 15

Part 15

My heart was drumming against my ribcage. I felt cold, raw fear freezing my blood as I sat in Severin's bedroom after finally getting away from my teachers.

I got a little surprise when after my Italian lessons I was introduced to the rest of my teachers; mainly a cooking teacher, who was going to teach me everything related to cooking, baking and all other types of food related stuff. Another teacher that was going to teach me how to sew and knit—all things related to clothes. Also, a teacher that was going to teach me various crafts, like painting and playing the piano. And last but not least, a teacher who was going to educate me on the art of gardening.

However, despite all my lessons, I was done sooner than I expected...than I wanted. The annoying maid Linda had come to me, telling me to go and wait for Master in his room. I tried to make plenty of excuses to get out of going to Severin's room, but that annoying bitch didn't listen, and instead led me all the way to Severin's room and locked the door once I was in.

Now, here I was, wondering if there was some way I could kill myself before Severin actually killed me. But the thought of leaving this world without avenging my sister didn't sit well with me. Which let fear of what was going to happen to me take root deep inside my core. I looked around the four walls of Severin's bedroom and wondered if these walls were the last walls I was going to see. If this bed was going to be my death bed. If Severin was the last person I was going to see, hear, smell before I finally left this world to be with my sister.

The sound of the door opening had my fear going up a notch. Dread pooled in my belly as Severin's unique scent wafted up my nose, clouding my mind with him and only him. All thoughts and ideas deserted me as I heard his footsteps getting closer snd closer until they stopped. My heart started pumping ice instead of blood as I felt Severin's body heat, warming my bare back.

I flinched when the bed dipped as Severin sat down next to me. The champagne dress making me feel vulnerable—naked. Goosebumps erupted on my skin as Severin ran his fingers over my arm. My breath hitched as he leaned closer, his breath fanning my cheek.

"Take your clothes off, I'm going to go get something, I'll be back in two minutes, I want you naked by the time I get back," he ordered then stood up and walked purposefully inside the walk-in closet.

Even though I should've done what he said if I wanted a reprieve from his harsh punishment, but I couldn't. I just couldn't make myself submit to him, to obey him. Once again my stubborn personality was getting the best of me, however, this time, I believed that I had nothing to lose. I knew he was going to be furious when he would see me clothed, but I couldn't make myself bow down to him. If I let him have his way rught now then he was going to take advantage in the future as well, and I couldn't have that. Come hell or high waters, I wasn't going to submit to Severin.

When the door of the walk-in closet opened, I braced myself for Severin's wrath. I knew he was going to punish me severely and me not doing what he wanted was only going to add fuel to the already blazing fire, but I didn't care. He was going to punish me anyway, might as well do it severely at one time.

"Wow, you're feeling very brave today, or maybe you just want me to punish you," Severin commented as soon as he came to stand in front of me.

Severin gripped my jaw and raised my face, locking his eyes with mine. What shocked me was that I had expected to see anger in his eyes, but I saw happiness and victory in them.

"Look at me when I'm talking to you, when I tell you to lower your gaze, that's when you lower your gaze, understood?" he seethed in annoyance.

My self control which Severin shattered during breakfast was splintered once again. Looking Severin in the eyes, I raised my face a little and spit on his face. Shocked silence followed as Severin's hand dropped from my jaw and went to his cheek. Wiping the spit off his face, Severin closed his eyes. When his eyes snapped open again, I knew I was in some serious trouble.