Part 27

Part 27

My heart started pounding and my breathing became labored when I read the words written in the letter. I crumpled the paper in a ball as anxiety and dread unfurled in the pit of my stomach. Glancing at the clock told me that I only had four hours.

Then he would be here.

I pursed my lips before looking at Antonio, who stood with his hands behind his back. He looked ready to go into battle, his posture taut. Antonio had given me the letter sent by Roberto which told me he would be here at exactly 12:00 pm. It was 8:00 am right now, giving me just four hours to prepare for my revenge. The only problem was; I didn't want to, but I had to.

"Roberto is going to be here at midday, precisely. His men will arrive around 10:00 am, I am going to give them the black uniforms of the guards here to make them look as if they are working for Severin. Then I am going to bring them inside, if anyone is going to ask me who these new men are I'll just tell them that Severin has hired new security people," Antonio informed me.

My blood boiled at hearing this and I wanted nothing more than to shoot Antonio with my 9mm. I vowed to myself that once this was over I was going to use Antonio as my personal target. He was not going to get away with betraying Severin.

And you are not going to get away either. You should say your prayers now, and hope that he would show you some mercy by killing you quickly. My subconscious sneered.

Trying to ignore the fear bubbling in me I asked,

"How will I know which of the men are Roberto's? What if I accidentally shoot one of them?"

"Roberto's men will have a silver brooch of a shark pinned to their holsters. The silver is shiny, they will be easier to detect," he informed me. I filed away that little piece of information in the corner of my mind; now I knew how to identify the enemy.

"Right, well I should head back upstairs before Severin becomes suspicious." With a nod from Antonio, I dashed out of the kitchen and headed upstairs to Severin's room.

As soon as I entered the bedroom my eyes met Severin's golden ones. "Where the hell were you?" He nearly growled, a frown marring his forehead.

"I—I was in the ki—kitchen," I answered, terror coiling around my heart.

"Come here," he ordered.

Nodding my head, I strode over to the bed and crawled over to Severin, who immediately wrapped his arms around me. He nuzzled my neck and inhaled deeply, causing pleasure to spike in my nerves. I bit my lip to stop myself from moaning out loud.

"Never leave the bed before me. Do you understand? Don't you dare leave me when I'm asleep, the next time you do, I'm going to punish you." This time he really did growl in my ear, making me shiver.

"Okay, I won't leave," I murmured. After today, Severin was most likely going to kill me, so I had no problem agreeing to his demand.

"I don't like it when you're not in my arms when I sleep, and I hate it when I wake up and you're not there for me to see," he muttered, kissing my neck. Tears pricked my eyes when I realized that I would no longer sleep in Severin's arms, cocooned in his warmth.

"It's the first time it happened," I stated.

"Which proves my point." He lightly bit my neck.

When Severin raised his head to look at me, I cupped his cheek and demanded something from him. Something I desperately wanted one last time before all of this was over.

"Make love to me, Severin, please. For once don't fuck me, please make love to me," I said, pleading with my eyes.

Severin kissed the hollow of my neck before carefully sliding his length inside me. The immediate fullness had me arching my back and mewling like a kitten. I moaned when Severin left my neck and begun sucking on my breast, the pleasure overwhelming. I held on to him as he thrusted inside me; the feel of his length rubbing against my inner walls awakening every nerve ending. He was thrusting in me hard and fast, but it was not the brutal pounding that I usually got, it was a bit slower. I ran my hands all over his naked body, commiting each muscle and ridge to memory. This was the last time Severin would be inside me and I wanted it to last forever.