Part 23

Part 23

Peeling my eyes open, the first thing my mind registered was immense pain. The second thing my mind noticed was the drip drip of water droplets on the cold, cement floor. And despite not wanting to, my mind focused on the awful stench that permeated the air. In short, my mind took notice of my awful surroundings.

Trying to distract myself from the pain in my head I surveyed my surroundings and after a quick survey, I came to the conclusion that Severin's cells were a hundred times better that the dump I was currently in. I believed it was not used for any sanitary purposes as the condition of this run down place was beyond ruined.

The place looked to be an abandoned warehouse; with ugly graffiti covering the walls, while a few light bulbs hung from the ceiling in which half were broken. Metal and plastic pipes, covered in rust and mold twisted and turned all the way from floor to ceiling, adding to the ugliness of the place. The place reeked of urine and vomit, making it difficult for me to control my gag reflex. This place was cold and dreary.

This place was awful.

I tried to hug myself in order to prevent my body from shivering but I realized I was tied to one of the rusty pipes. Trying to feel the material that tied my wrists together, I came to know that zip-ties had been used. Not sure if it was clever to use zip-ties to bind me or not, I took a deep breath and tried to relax; not because I had given up but because I was saving my strength, dealing with that Roberto dude was not going to be easy.

Closing my eyes I prayed that Severin was okay. I guessed that drugged darts were pretty common in Italy since all the criminals were using it. I mean, first Severin's men and now Roberto, if only people would invest in more effective methods, the crime world would be a much dangerous place. Not that I wanted the crime world to be any more dangerous than it already was.

Severin had to be okay, a measley drugged dart shouldn't had to be enough to take him down. He had to survive; he had to survive for me to take my revenge. I would not forgive him if he died before I could avenge my twin. Severin, please be okay; for me.

You don't want him to be okay because you want to avenge Kelsey; you want him to be okay because you would not survive if something happened to him. It would destroy you if Severin was not there kissing you, fucking you, hugging you, whispering sweet nothings in your ears everytime he pounded in you. You care about him that's why you don't want him hurt, Kelsey is just an excuse now. My subconscious really needed to learn when to shut the fuck up.

The throbbing in my head did not abate, which resulted in me cursing Roberto to hell and back. No matter how much I tried to forget about the pain, it just did not work. And it wasn't even the gentle kind of throbbing, it was a full on I-am-going-remind-you-of-my-existence-every-second kind of throbbing. Although, with the pain in my head I was able to come up with more colorful names for Roberto, none of them to be spoken in the presence of children.

If the pain in my head was bad enough now it got worse when the door opened and sunlight hit me directly in the eyes. Wincing at the sudden attack of golden rays, I twisted my face to the side in order to save my eyes and myself from the pain.

Footsteps thudded against the concrete as someone made their way over to me. The door was still open which was why I had not turned my face to see who had come inside the warehouse. I hoped that it was Roberto so I could kill him, or at least piss him off with my words.

"Mangia questo," a gruff voice said, before I heard a paper scraping against the cement. (Eat this)

The footsteps retreated, the sound fading away until the door closed with a shrill bang and the sunlight was no more. Blinking my eyes in relief, I turned my head to see a paper plate with a sandwich on it. The sandwich looked old, or maybe my eyes were messing with me, the Roberto son of a bitch had hit me quite hard.