No Longer Faceless (Jaqen H'ghar x fem!reader)

(a/n: This collection had gotten over 500 reads already!! Thank you all so much!)

Braavos. You had a small smile on your face as your ship made port. You immediately headed toward the place you knew as home. You wanted to sleep. You opened the door and were met with a familiar face. The Stark grey eyes peered up at you. "Arya?" you asked, forgetting yourself for a moment as the memories of the Starks came rushing back to you. Jaqen appeared behind Arya a moment later. "Does a woman know a girl?" he asked, bringing you back to reality. "A woman knows a girl," you answered, but Arya looked confused. That's when you remembered that you were not wearing your own face, but someone else's.

You were a Faceless Woman of the Many-Faced God. An assassin of sorts and you had just returned from a mission. Before Braavos, you lived in Winterfell. Your father and brothers were Stark bannermen. At least they were until Theon Greyjoy attacked. You'd managed to escape, but your family wasn't so lucky. After working in a tavern for a while, you'd saved enough to travel to Braavos with Jaqen, a man you'd met and grew to trust. The man who offered to train you.

You cast a glance back at the red and white haired man. He placed a hand on Arya's shoulder and gave you a curt nod. You quickly ran off to change, both your face and your clothes. When you reappeared, Arya's face lit up with recognition. She ran forward and wrapped her arms around your middle. "Y/N! I've missed you so much!" You swallowed, knowing the Jaqen was watching the whole thing. "A-a woman has missed a girl as well." You couldn't fight the tear that rolled down your cheek and you were angry for it.

You'd been trained to keep your emotions in check long before you left Winterfell and now you were crying over a girl you'd once taught to handle a bow. "You? You are like Jaqen?" she asked you with wide eyes. You gave a nod before Jaqen spoke. "A man will speak with a woman another time," he said before departing. "Is he angry with you?" You shook your head. "A man is not angry with a woman. A man does not become angry," you answered.

*time skip brought to you by Varys' little birds*

You'd been back in Braavos for a while now and, the more time you spent with Arya, the more you remembered. All of your repressed memories began surfacing and the old you was coming out. You found yourself trying not to laugh. Something you hadn't done since your family died. You were even starting to speak normally again, but only with Arya. The one thing you couldn't stop though, were the dreams. The dreams that reminded you of the feelings you had long since forgotten.

These feelings were familiar and foreign at the same time. You missed your family and you were pleased to be reunited with Arya. Unfortunately, these feelings and memories became more and more difficult to repress as days went on and one day, you were caught. You were cleaning the floors with Arya that morning and without thinking, the two of you began discussing the events that lead to Arya's arrival in Braavos. The girl, the waif, heard you.

You'd never liked that little girl. She always had her nose in everyone's business and had even been cruel to you when you first arrived. At least until the day you knocked her on her keister. However, when you caught a glimpse of her this time, she had a smug grin on her face and you knew she'd heard you and Arya talking. "Arya, go back to you room," you whispered to her. Arya followed your gaze, nodded and did what you asked.

The wisp of a girl approached you. "Who are you?" she asked you. "A woman is no one," you replied and were instantly rewarded with a smack by a long wooden staff. "Who are you?" she asked again and you answered the same, earning another hit. As she was about to hit you again, a hand stopped her. "A girl must not strike a woman for no reason," the silky voice of Jaqen H'ghar was music to your ears. He quickly dismissed the girl and brought his gaze to your face.

You instantly felt shame. Not only for what had occurred, but also for the whirlwind of emotions in your head. When you first met Jaqen, you felt an instant attraction. Since coming to Braavos, you'd been able to bury it, but now it came back full force. Memories of the two of you on the ship from Westeros were your favorite ones.

"Jaqen? What is Braavos like?" you asked as you sat next to him with your tankard of ale. "A man could tell a woman, but perhaps a woman should see for herself and decide," he replied, causing a smile to grace your lips. He was easy to talk to, even with the odd way he had of speaking. He was a wonderful trainer. He'd been training you with the staff since you'd boarded the ship.

You glanced sideways at him and noticed him staring at you. "What? Do I have something on my face?" Jaqen shook his head and moved a strand hair from your cheek. "A woman's beauty is far deeper than her appearance." You felt your face flush and you turned to meet is intense gaze.

Those same beautiful eyes were staring back at you now. "A woman is embarrassed? Ashamed?" You nodded and looked down at your feet, which were suddenly very fascinating. "I- a woman apologizes," you whispered. To your surprise, Jaqen laughed. You looked up at him. Jaqen rarely laughed and you had to admit, it was a nice sound. "I should leave," you said, not caring that you were reverting.

"Perhaps a woman would care to look after a girl for a while," Jaqen mused and you didn't know if he really wanted to keep you there or if he simply wanted someone to keep Arya out of trouble. Your unasked question was soon answered when Jaqen moved a strand of your hair from your face yet again before leaning in to whisper, "A man enjoys a woman's company."

That was the beginning of your secret relationship with Jaqen. The two of you would meet discreetly at night after everyone was asleep, but it was becoming harder for you to keep the secret. Arya was extremely observant and noticed the change in you immediately, especially when you were in the same room as Jaqen. Jaqen however, didn't seem to be fazed by it at all. He could lie smoothly about it when Arya asked questions, whereas you would stumble over your words and it infuriated you to no end.

"Jaqen,"you began when you met him one night, "How do you feel about me?" Youno longer spoke the way a Faceless Woman did. You no longer considered yourselfa Faceless Woman. "A man cares very deeply for a woman," he replied.You grabbed his wrist to make him turn to you. "Jaqen, I'm asking you how you feel about me, not how a man feelsabout a woman." Jaqen's usually stoic face fell for a moment. For once, hewas forced to think as a real person, as himself and not as a Faceless Man. "I...Icare for you, Y/N. Let me show you," he answered before crashing his lipsto yours. 

(a/n 2: I suck at writing Jaqen lol.)