Family (Tyrion Lannister x wife!reader)

(WARNINGS: mentions of pregnancy and birth.)

You were sitting in your chambers when your husband entered. "Hello, my love," you greeted with a smile as he approached your chair. He leaned in to kiss your cheek and you hummed in content. You and Tyrion were in an arranged marriage, but you were happy. Tyrion was a wonderful husband. He was considerate, caring and supportive. The only negative in your marriage was that you and Tyrion had yet to have a child, something you desperately wanted. You decided to talk to him about it again.

Tyrion always knew when something was on your mind so, after he poured himself and you some wine, he turned back to you and asked, "What is troubling you, my lady?" You gave him another small smile and took the goblet he offered. "Tyrion, I love you. You know that, don't you?" He quirked a brow but nodded before a look of realization lit up his face. He sighed and told you, "Y/N, we talked about this. I cannot put a child in your belly."

"And why not? Do you not think me worthy enough to carry your child? I am your wife!" Tyrion groaned. "Exactly! You are my wife and I cannot lose you!" Your brows furrowed making him sigh yet again. "I killed my own mother as I came into this world. Why would I risk doing the same to you? I love you more than anything and I do not how to go on if you died."

During his entire speech, you were fighting back tears. It was the first time he'd ever explained why he wouldn't have a child with you. "Oh, Tyrion, my love!" You sat further up in your chair and wrapped your arms around him after placing your wine on the table. "Tyrion, you do not know that will happen to me." You heard him sniffle. "I have lost one wife already, Y/N. Please don't ask me to lose another."

You pulled back from your husband and gazed into his eyes. "You will not lose me. I am confident. Please Tyrion. Is it so wrong for me to want a child with my husband?" As he searched your (e/c) eyes, Tyrion relented. How could he not? You were right. There was nothing saying that what happened to his mother would happen to you. He kissed your lips softly and prayed to the old gods and the new that, if you did become pregnant, that you would survive the ordeal.

*One year later*

You ran your hand over your swollen belly as you smiled. The babe was almost here and you couldn't be more excited. Tyrion, on the other hand, was a mess. Yes, he was excited, but he was also frightened. The longer you carried the child, the more nervous your husband became. He was constantly asking after you, making sure you were happy and resting regularly. It was actually amusing. He was always around when he could be. He would place his hands on your belly and talk to the child within, making you smile.

When the time finally came for you to give birth, Tyrion could barely hold it together. The Maester wouldn't let him in the room, which certainly didn't help his nerves. Tyrion paced outside your room for hours, listening to your screams from inside. Actually, he was glad to hear you scream because, if you were screaming, it meant you were still alive. After a while, the screams stopped and a cry was heard. Tyrion felt his heart speed up when he could no longer hear you.

A few moments later, the door opened and Tyrion rushed inside. He let out a sigh of relief upon seeing you in the bed with your babe in your arms. You were alive. "Tyrion, come and meet your daughter," you whispered, your voice hoarse from screaming. Tyrion slowly approached the bed and climbed up next to you. His daughter was alive. And so were you.

Tyrionkissed the side of your head, ignoring the sweat. "She is beautiful,Y/N." You gave him a tired smile and replied, "She is. And you didn'tlose me." Tyrion chuckled softly and kissed you again as the little girlbegan to coo. Tyrion's eyes moved in between you and the girl in amazement. Hisheart was nearly full to bursting as he looked at the two of you. His family.