Maid of Snow (Jon Snow x fem!reader)

(a/n: It's a terrible title. Oh and SPOILERS AHEAD!!!!)

You blinked back tears as you rode North. You'd received word of Jon Snow or, more accurately, of his death. Once, some time ago, you'd been in love with the bastard son of Lord Eddard Stark. He was a quiet observer, speaking only when necessary, except with you. You had been his personal maid and Jon would often confide in you when there was no one else around. You admired his courage and his ability to accept his role as a bastard. Your attraction to the young man only grew the more time you spent with him.

As you reflected on your time with Jon, you recalled the very last time you saw him and hated yourself. The last things you said to him were said in anger. You had been furious at him for wanting to leave to take the Black, to be a man of the Night's Watch. While the two of you had never once confessed your love out loud, you both knew how the other felt yet he never thought to tell you of his leaving for the Watch until the evening before he was to leave.

"Why must you go, Jon?! You would leave me for the sake of your honor?! Your pride?!" you cried, your hands curled into fists at your sides and your eyes glaring daggers at the young man before you. He refused to meet your gaze until that moment. "I am doing this to honor my father!" You shook your head. "No you are not, Jon. You should at least be honest with yourself, Jon!" Jon stared at you for a brief moment, but said nothing as he turned away to return inside. "I hate you, Jon Snow. I wish I had never met you!" you screamed out as you ran to your own chambers.

You pulled your horse to a stop. You were no longer able to see for the tears clouding your vision. You were still half a day's ride from Castle Black, but you needed to calm yourself before you could ride further. You wanted to pretend you didn't care, but the truth was that you still loved Jon. Even as you told him you hated him, you regretted the words. You could never hate him in a million years. Those beautiful nearly black eyes that pierced your soul, that rare but still wonderful smile that made your knees weak, and the very soul that would forever be linked with yours. You loved everything about him.

You soon steeled your nerves and remounted your horse. You had to find out what had happened. You needed to know how Jon died. When you finally approached the gates of Castle Black, you were physically and emotionally exhausted. As you approached, the gates were already opening. A crowd of people, both of the Night's Watch and wildlings, was standing around as if waiting for something. A man with a short grey beard saw you first and moved over to your horse. "My lady, you are far from home," his gravelly voice greeted. "I was summoned here and I am no lady. Merely a woman who was once a maid of Winterfell."

"You're Y/N?" the man asked you. You nodded, confused as to how he immediately knew that. He quickly ushered you down from your horse and lead you away from the prying eyes of the men of the Night's Watch. "Are you Ser Davos Seaworth?" you whispered to him as he dragged you up a set of stairs. "Yes. I have no time to explain, but there is something you should see." Your brows knit together in confusion, but before you could say anything, a woman stood in your path.

"I have seen you in the flames. You fought alongside the one destined to rule the Seven Kingdoms," she said. Your eyes widened. "Lady Y/N, this is the Lady Melisandre." You curtsied and the woman moved aside to let you and Ser Davos pass. "I must warn you, what you are about to see may...surprise you," the man told you before knocking on a door. You heard growling on the other side before a voice called out, "Come." Ser Davos opened the door and you nearly fainted on the spot.

"Jon..." you managed to breath out, "I thought you were..." Ser Davos gave you a little push into the room as Ghost padded over to you. For a moment, neither one of you said anything. Then, without warning, you ran over and threw your arms around him. He winced and stiffened for a moment before wrapping his arms around your waist. "Oh gods, Jon! I'm so sorry!" You were now sobbing almost uncontrollably. You buried your face in the crook of his neck and he winced again. You pulled away. "I don't hate you, Jon! I could never hate you!"

Jon chuckled dryly. "I know, Y/N." You looked at him. His face was paler that usual and he looked exhausted but that was to be expected. "I thought you were dead. I thought I had lost you forever," you whispered. "I was. I was murdered, Y/N. For doing what I thought was right," he answered you and then continued, " You were right. I never should have left Winterfell." You shook your head. "You had to, Jon and I knew that. I didn't mean anything I said before you left. I was hurt and angry."

He pulled you to him again, his cheek resting on the top of your head. He held you like that for several minutes until there was a knock on the door. Ser Davos opened the door as Jon put on his black furs. "There is something I must do, Y/N. I will be back." Curious, you followed him outside. Ser Davos held you back as Jon descended the steps into the courtyard. You watched as he walked. You could see the weight of the betrayal on his shoulders, but he held his head high. Across the courtyard, four men were waiting with nooses around their necks and you deduced they were the ones responsible for Jon's "death."

Jon made his way over to the men sentenced to hang while Ser Davos stayed by your side. You couldn't hear what was being said from where you were, but you could tell by Jon's body language that he wanted to be anywhere else. As Jon pulled the lever that would seal the fate of the traitors, you closed your eyes. This was never anything Jon wanted to do and you knew it. When you opened your eyes again, Jon was handing his furs to another man standing on the platform.

You shared a look of confusion with Ser Davos as Jon once again walked through the crowd of people. As he approached the steps, you pushed passed Ser Davos and ran to Jon. His arms opened readily. "Come on, we are leaving," he whispered in your ear. "I love you, Jon Snow." He held you closer and kissed your temple. You didn't know what would happen now, but you had Jon and that was all that mattered.

��%E{��_�