Chess (Oberyn x reader x Doran)

You entered the palace in search of your two best friends, Princes Doran and Oberyn. You had grown up with the princes and spent time with them every day. The guards were used to your presence so they simply smiled at you as you passed by. You found the two princes in Doran's study. "At last! How do my two favorite princes fare on this beautiful day?" you asked, closing the door behind you.

Oberyn flashed you a bright smile and gave you a flirty wink. You rolled your eyes and turned to Doran. "I am well. And yourself, Y/N?" You gave a little shrug and smiled. Your eyes turned to the chessboard in front of them. "Do you play?" Oberyn asked and you shook your head. You knew the point of the game of chess, but you'd never had the opportunity to play.

Oberyn rose from his chair and gestured for you to take his place. You sat down and Oberyn leaned in, one hand on the back of the chair, the other on the table. His breath tickled your ear and you laughed at him. You were used to his flirtatious nature and let it roll off your back. Doran, the quieter of the two, rolled his eyes and chuckled deeply before they started to explain the rules of the game.

"Do you understand, Y/N?" Doran asked. You nodded and the princes smiled at you. "Shall we begin then?" You agreed and a game against Doran was underway. Oberyn would occasionally lean in and whisper a hint in your ear. Doran would glare and scold him with a smile on his face. To no one's surprise, you lost but you laughed anyway. Oberyn decided to play you next and you won.

"You let me win," you accused with a grin. Oberyn returned the smile and, feigning surprise, he said, "I would never do such a thing." The three of you spent the rest of that day challenging each other to matches. Each time you played against Doran, you lost and each time you played against Oberyn, you won. After the final game, you stretched and yawned. "Thank you, my princes. The day has been most enjoyable." You rose from your seat and moved to leave, but a hand on your arm stopped you. "Who says the day has to be over?" Oberyn asked with a smirk. Doran scolded him before bidding you goodnight. Your best friends were playfully arguing when you left the room. They were such children sometimes, but you wouldn't change them for anything.

�