Broken Promise (Joffrey Baratheon x fem!reader)

Dornish women were known for their beauty and you were no exception. Men and women tended to flock toward you. You'd gotten used to it and had learned early on how to kindly reject those you did not want. You were also highborn, so suitors were to be expected. What you didn't expect was to catch the eye of the king. Joffrey Baratheon.

You journeyed to King's Landing with Prince Oberyn and were immediately ushered into the Red Keep. The first person you met was the king's betrothed, Margaery Tyrell. She greeted you happily. She was kind and caring and it became an instantaneous friendship. While your Prince and his paramour spent most of their time in the brothel, you spent yours with Margaery. Unfortunately, that also meant time with Joffrey. Had you known what would happen, you never would have spent so much time with them.

You were in your chambers, your handmaiden brushing your hair, when your door flew open and Margaery entered. "Lady Margaery, whatever is the matter?" you asked, waving your maid away. As soon as the door closed behind the maid, Margaery began sobbing. You were slightly shocked. Margaery always seemed so content. "Margaery, what is it?" She quickly blurted out exactly what was wrong.

You couldn't believe your ears. Joffrey had suddenly broken off their betrothal without so much as giving her a reason. "That is unacceptable. He cannot simply break off a promise of marriage on a whim!" you declared. You gave Margaery a quick hug and marched yourself from your chambers to find Joffrey, which didn't take long.

"Ah, Lady Y/N, just the lady I wanted to see," his voice came from behind you. You whipped around and glared at him. Through gritted teeth you asked, "What can I do for you, Your Grace?" Joffrey's gaze flickered down your form once before returning to your face. "Walk with me, my lady." It wasn't a request. You nodded in consent. There was nothing else you could do.

"Lady Y/N, I have come to enjoy our time together. You are...different from other ladies. I like that. Mother says I should find a woman worthy of being Queen and I believed that to be Margaery. Until I met you. I should very much like it if you were to consent to be my wife." You cocked a brow. Was he serious? He only just broke off his betrothal to Margaery and here he was, proposing marriage to you. Your temper immediately flared.

"By what right do you ask this of me? You have broken your promise to a dear friend and, in the process, you have broken her heart. I am not some young, naive woman that will swoon simply because you are the king." You turned on your heel and walked away. In the back of your mind, you knew that you would have no choice. He was the king after all, but you had won that small battle and little did you know, there were people on your side plotting against Joffrey. 

(a/n: I know this isn't exactly like you wanted, but I really have a hard time writing fluff for this guy. Sorry. I hope you enjoy it anyway.)