His Return (Jorah Mormont x preg!reader)

Jorah had a decision to make. He'd finally found a cure for the Greyscale and was making his way back to Westeros. Word had spread that Daenerys had won the war and the Iron Throne. A few months before, Jorah would not have hesitated to return to the Targaryen's side. That was before he met you. Before he fell in love with you.

Jorah met you during his search. You had been kind and immediately offered your assistance, which Jorah accepted. Over time, Jorah developed feelings for you. Feelings he thought he could only have for Daenerys. Those feelings blossomed and Jorah decided he wasn't going to make the same mistake he had Daenerys. He told you how he felt and was thrilled to hear that you felt the same. A passion between you was ignited and now, your belly grew swollen with his child.

Now, Jorah had to decide whether he should return to Daenerys' side or if he should go home to Bear Island. He wasn't certain he could return to Daenerys with you in tow, but he was certainly not going to leave you. He wanted to get you somewhere safe before the babe was due. Jorah leaned on the railing of the ship as he pondered his predicament.

"What has you so distressed, my love?" your voice came from behind him. Jorah smiled and turned to face you. "Nothing." You quirked a brow at him and scoffed. "You cannot lie to me, Jorah. You do not have to tell me if you don't wish to." He wrapped his arms around you. "I don't know where to go when we dock in Westeros," he admitted and you sighed. You knew all about his love for Daenerys, but you also knew that the young one needed his council.

"Jorah, do what you think is wise. I will follow wherever you choose as long as you will have me," you told him honestly. He pressed a kiss to your forehead and gave you another smile. "This is why I love you." He placed a gently hand on your stomach, laughing when he felt the child kick. "And I love you, as well," he whispered to his babe. You kissed his cheek before leaving him alone with his thoughts. Jorah pondered his choices the rest of the journey to Westeros and, by the time the ship docked, Jorah knew where he needed to be.

Jorah lead you carefully through the streets of King's Landing, heading for the Red Keep. He could tell you were nervous. "I promise I will keep you safe, Y/N," he whispered while you were waiting to be seen by Queen Daenerys. "I trust you, Jorah." You absent-mindedly ran your hand over your stomach, trying to calm your nerves.

You were soon walking into the throne room on Jorah's arm. "Jorah the Andal! You have returned at last!" the queen greeted, a small smile on her face. Jorah bowed and you curtsied as best you could. "And who is this?" Jorah took your arm once again and replied, "This is Y/N Mormont. My wife." You could have sworn you saw Daenerys' smile falter for a second before her expression returned to neutral.

"You are welcome in King's Landing, Y/N. I trust Jorah has treated you well?" You nodded. "He has." You could cut the tension in the room with a knife, but Jorah pulled you a little closer to him. "I cannot deny that I am glad of your return, as is my Lord Hand, Tyrion Lannister." Jorah bowed again. "Show Ser Jorah and his wife to their chambers," Daenerys ordered.

When you were safely in your chambers, you turned to Jorah. "The queen does not like me," you said simply. Jorah looked to you. "The tension was rather thick in there, but do not worry. Daenerys will come to love you. Especially when she learns that all my best thoughts come from you," he said with a laugh. You joined him in laughter as he held you close. "I love you, Y/N. If you do not wish to stay, then we shall leave. Go to Bear Island." You pondered for a moment before answering, "We can stay of course, Jorah although I reserve the right to change my mind." You added that last part as a joke. Jorah laughed before pressing a kiss to your lips. "I believe I can agree to that."

ed<9]iq