Playing Innocent (Petyr Baelish x fem!reader)

A giggle caught Petyr's attention. He gazed out of the window and saw you in the gardens. You were talking with Lady Margaery, a bright smile on your face. You had come to King's Landing with her and had quickly caught the whoremonger's attention. You had this innocence and naiveté that most people in the city did not possess. You were even kind and sweet to Joffrey and Cersei. It gave Petyr an idea...one that would benefit only him, or so he thought.

The next morning, Petyr approached you. "Lady Y/N," he greeted with a small bow. "Lord Baelish. What can I do for you this fine morning?" You asked, twirling the flower you had in your hand. "I have simply come to inquire as to your stay in King's Landing. Are you enjoying our fair city?" You smiled at him. "I adore it. I shall be sad to leave it." Petyr gave you one of his calculated smiles. "And we shall be sad to see you go. There is something else I wished to speak to you about." You cocked your head to the side, waiting for him to continue.

"I have spoken with Lady Olenna and she has given the impression that they have been experiencing difficulty finding you a suitor." Petyr hadn't spoken with Olenna but he had ways of finding things out. You frowned. It was true. You were Lady Olenna's ward, sent to her by your father to find a husband for you. That was how you ended up in King's Landing. No one in the Reach seemed interested in you. In Petyr's opinion, you were too sweet and naive. You didn't have the grit to be the wife of a lord during times of war.

"I am afraid Lady Olenna is correct. The suitors do not seem to find much interest in me," you admitted out loud. Petyr watched your frown deepen. The expression looked strange on your normally smiling face. "Perhaps I can be of assistance." You quirked a brow, trying to hide a smirk. You knew how sly Petyr could be. "And how do you propose to do that, Lord Baelish?" Petyr simply smiled at you. "I know of a few lords looking for wives for their sons, or even for themselves." Your eyes widened and Petyr could almost see your hesitation.

You pondered for a moment before answering, "I would be grateful for your assistance." With that, you curtsied and walked away. Petyr smirked. His plan was already working. Now, he just had to find a lord willing to take you in exchange for something valuable to Petyr. Land, money, a title, information, anything of value to Petyr. What he didn't know was that you had a plan of your own all along.

Weeks later, Petyr returned to you. "Lady Y/N, I have found you a suitor." You smiled at him. "Have you?" He gave you a nod. "Indeed I have. Although he is no friend of Lady Olenna so he has asked that I not tell her of our arrangement." You regarded him with wary eyes but nodded anyway. Petyr hid a chuckle. He couldn't believe you trusted him enough to just go along with it. You really were naive. "Wonderful. I have secured us passage tomorrow eve. It would be best to keep this between us. I shall have a guard escort you to the docks just after sunset." You nodded and Petyr left. You couldn't help but smile to yourself.

The next night, you met Petyr on the docks and let him lead you onto the ship. As soon as the two of you were alone, you spun on him. He no longer wore his fake smile, but his signature smirk instead. You felt the ship begin moving. "I shall do everything I can to make certain you are comfortable until we reach your betrothed," Petyr was telling you, although you could tell he didn't mean a single word. "And what is in it for you, Lord Baelish?"

"Nothing, of course." You scoffed and sat down, one leg crossed over the other. "I do not believe that for a moment. So, what is it? Land? Money? Protection?" Petyr didn't answer you. He merely chuckled to himself. You were more observant than he thought. "I will not being marrying whichever lord you've seen fit to saddle me with." Petyr glanced at you, barely able to hide his surprise.

He took in your form and face. Your expression had changed drastically, all traces of innocence gone. As you sat there, smirking up at him, Petyr realized he'd been played. "Is that so, Lady Y/N?" You sneered. "It is. I have no intention of marrying some pompous lord and I never have." Petyr blinked rapidly. "You asked for my assistance." You shook your head. "No. You offered it. I simply used your willingness to help me in order to leave that damnable city. Would you like to know the real reason no lord in the Reach was willing to marry me? It was because they could not control me. I am far more cunning than they."

Petyr couldn't believe it. He'd actually been beaten at his own game. He thought he was using you but, in reality, it was you who used him. You'd wanted out of King's Landing and he had played right into your hands. Still, Petyr would not give up the upper hand so easily. "And if I were to force you to marry the lord I found?" You started laughing softly and continued until you were full-belly guffawing. You laughed until tears formed in your eyes.

"Do you truly believe you could?" you asked, rising slowly from your chair. "You underestimate my power, my lady." You rolled your eyes and took a step closer. From inside your cloak, you retrieved your small dagger without him noticing. When you were close enough you pressed the point of the blade to his abdomen, just above his pelvic region. "No, Lord Baelish. You underestimate mine." To illustrate your point, you gently pushed the blade a harder, making him wince.

"I see. Well perhaps we could come to an understanding?" You arched a brow, but didn't remove the dagger. "Oh we can come to an understand alright. You can understand that I am not your puppet and, as soon as we dock, I intend to leave." Petyr took a step back, hoping you wouldn't follow him with the blade. "And the lord I have chose would hunt you down. You do not want to cross him." You made a noise of disgust. "Then what understanding could we possibly come to?" Petyr's lips stretched into smile. He couldn't deny that he was impressed by your shrewdness and now, he had a new idea. "What indeed..."