Fancy (Petyr Baelish x fem!reader)

Lord Petyr Baelish sighed as the carriage pulled to a stop. Robin Arryn had asked Petyr to travel to some of the smaller houses and convince the lords to pledge to the Vale. Petyr willing agreed, knowing he would technically have complete control since Robin really was uncertain of how to lead. However, after several weeks of traveling, Petyr was becoming restless.

Petyr stepped down from the carriage and was greeted by the lord of the house himself. "Lord Baelish, you honor us with your presence," the lord greeted. Petyr gave a slight bow and turned his attention to the lady of house and then to the lord's children. You stood next to your mother, your head held high. Your (e/c) eyes met Petyr's green-grey ones and for a brief moment, Petyr froze.

"Allow me to present my eldest daughter, Y/N and my two younger children," your father introduced. "Lord Baelish," you greeted with a curtsy, not taking your eyes off his. Petyr studied your face intently. There was a hint of mischief in your eyes and Petyr could swear he saw a sly smile on your lips. You offered your arm to escort Petyr inside and to the feast your family had prepared for his arrival.

Throughout the feast, Petyr found himself inexplicably drawn to you. You were obviously intelligent and kept Petyr engrossed in conversation. It seemed you could converse about any subject, from politics and economics to the everyday life of both the higher and lower born. You sat with him and talked at length about anything the two of you desired and Petyr realized that, for the first time in years, he didn't have to fake his smile. That is, until a young man came up to the table and asked for a dance.

Petyr could tell you didn't want to. Your body stiffened momentarily and he could see you fighting a grimace. With a glance at Petyr, you sighed softly and accepted the young man's offer. Petyr watched curiously as you were whisked away from the table and pulled into the dance. You danced with grace, despite your obvious dislike of your partner. He turned to your father and said, "Your eldest daughter is a most becoming young woman." Your father smiled brightly. He'd always been very proud of his children.

"Thank you, my lord. Y/N has most certainly grown into a lovely young woman. Very smart and a very obedient daughter. She did not even put up much of a fuss when she learned of her betrothal." Petyr's eyes flicked back over to you for a second before returning them to your father. "Betrothal? The young man she is dancing with?" Your father nodded. The two men watched you silence for a bit before your father spoke again, "The young man is a good man. He is better suited to my younger daughter, but Y/N is the eldest and should marry first. Don't you agree?"

Petyr merely gave him a small smile as he watched you sneak away outside. Curious, Petyr got up, gave your father a quick bow and followed you. He found you up on a parapet, leaning on your arms. "Lady Y/N," he said softly, causing you to jump slightly. "Oh, Lord Baelish! You startled me," you said with a little laugh. "My apologies." He approached you slowly and stood next to you. "You do not wish to be married," he said bluntly.

You giggled. "Is it that obvious, my lord?" Petyr watched you as you looked up at the night sky. "Only to my keen eyes, Lady Y/N." You sighed and wondered why you had to be wed to someone that clearly did not wish to marry you. Why couldn't you be betrothed to someone that could clearly read you and your emotions? "The young man is wonderful, but is more suited to my sister." Petyr chuckled at that and told you that your father had said the same thing. Petyr then got an idea, one that he hoped would work.

The next morning, Petyr found your father and asked to speak with him alone. He made on offer to your father that shocked him. "Just a moment. You want me to break the betrothal of my eldest daughter to the son of one of the most powerful houses and promise her to someone else? And just who would I promise her to?" Petyr smiled and replied, "To a lord who rose from nothing to become the Lord of Harrenhal and acting Lord of the Vale." Your father quirked a brow. "You would have me promise my eldest daughter to you, Lord Baelish? And what of the boy?"

"Marry your younger daughter to him. Then, you will still have the alliance with that house as well as my own," Petyr answered simply. You father sank back into his chair and contemplated the offer. What harm could it do? He turned to one of the servants and sent them to fetch you. You entered the room a few minutes later. "You sent for me, Father? Lord Baelish," you said with another curtsy. As your father explained the new situation, your face changed expressions several times. It changed from confusion, to worry, to anger and finally to joy and relief.

You turned to Petyr with a smile that could rival the brightest star. You were going to marry a man that could handle you intellectually. One that could read your face with ease. What could possible go wrong?