A Warrior's Broken Heart (Brienne of Tarth x fem!reader)

(Warnings: angst!! Mentions of death!)

Brienne watched in horror as the soldier's sword pierced through your stomach. It was as if the whole world, and her heart, stopped. Brienne hadn't known much love in her life, but she knew she loved you. And now, seeing you on the blade of a soldier, she felt her heart being ripped to pieces. As suddenly as it stopped, the world started again. Brienne felt the blood pumping in her veins and her heart pounding in her ears as she cut down enemy after enemy, just hoping to get to you in time.

*flashback*

Brienne and Podrick heard you before they saw you. The sound of metal striking metal echoed through the forest. The two followed the sound until they found the source. There you were, surrounded by three men and two women and you were fighting them off as best as you could. Brienne unsheathed her sword and came to your aide.

When all five were dispatched, you turned to Brienne with a smile. "Thank you. I don't know if I could have kept it up much longer." Brienne gave you a nod and greeted, "My lady." You rolled your eyes and replied, "I'm no lady. You can call me Y/N." Brienne introduced herself and Podrick. After talking for a while, you decided to travel with them. After all, the more the merrier. Weeks passed and Brienne found herself falling for you and you for her.

*end flashback*

When the last of her enemies were dead, Brienne knelt in the mud beside you. She pulled you in her arms and called your name softly. Your eyes were open, but there was no life in them. You were gone. "My lady, I'm sorry," Podrick said. Brienne cleared her throat, not wanting to show weakness in front of her squire. She gently laid you down on the ground and stood.

"We must give her a proper burial, Pod, and quickly." Podrick nodded and went to work. Brienne just sat there next to your lifeless body, feeling like everything was crashing down around her. Once you were buried, Podrick whispered to Brienne, "I'm sorry, my lady." At his words, Brienne felt an unexplainable rage.

"Stop saying that! Your apology won't bring her back!" the warrior cried angrily, causing Podrick to flinch. Without warning, Brienne let out a scream of agony. She grabbed the nearest thing to her and threw it. Then, she took out her sword and began hacking away at a nearby tree, screaming the whole time. Podrick watched from a distance, a look of sadness on his face. He'd never seen such agony in Brienne before and he was certain he never would again.

Brienne screamed herself hoarse before she stopped hitting the tree. When she finally sheathed her sword, Brienne's muscles felt like they were on fire and her face was streaked with dried tears. "We have a mission to complete, Pod. We need to move on," she said, her voice hardened with grief and rage. Podrick didn't argue even though he knew Brienne needed more time to grieve. His heart felt heavy when he realized that not even the toughest warrior was a match for a broken heart.

yv&\wV