A New Bolton (Ramsay Bolton x fem!reader)

Ramsay Bolton paced the corridors outside his wife's bedchambers. After months of waiting, it was finally happening. The baby was on its way. Ramsay hoped for a boy, an heir to Winterfell, the only way he could ensure that his legacy would endure. Your screams could be heard throughout Winterfell as you gave birth to the child. You'd also prayed for a boy. You knew Ramsay would be upset if you had a girl and no one wanted to upset Ramsay Bolton.

After hours and hours of screams and pushing, the babe was born. Your tears were a mixture of joy and fear. It was a girl. Once you were properly cleaned and covered again, the Maester opened the door to allow your husband in. Ramsay looked to you and then to the small babe at your breast. You glanced up in fear as you whispered, "A g-girl, lord husband."

Ramsay said nothing for a moment as he approached the bed. He stared down at the little girl, his face a mask of calm. He leaned down and took his daughter from you. You swallowed thickly. Ramsay's face changed from his usual, stoic expression to one of awe. This was his child. True, it was a girl, but you could have more children.

He tore his eyes from the infant and met your fearful ones. "There's no need to be afraid, Y/N. I will not harm you or the child." The babe began to wail and Ramsay nearly dropped her at the sudden noise. He handed her back to you. "She needs to be fed," you whispered. You never raised your voice around Ramsay. Both your and Ramsay's gazes were fixated on your daughter as she nursed. Ramsay had seen women nurse before, just as he had seen infants, but it was different feeling now that it was his own child. You bit back a gasp of surprise when he leaned in and pressed a kiss to your still sweat-slicked forehead.

�*