Pranking His Way to Your Heart(Rickon Stark x fem!reader) AU

(a/n: All the Starks live!!)

Growing up with older brothers, Rickon heard plenty of advice about how to woo a woman. However, when it came to you, they were wrong. He tried everything to get you to notice him. He tried the usual things that his brothers had suggested, but nothing worked. You just weren't impressed by it. You'd give him a small smile, shake your head and walk away leaving poor Rickon to stand there in confusion. One day, he found out why it didn't work.

He had been walking through the courtyard of Winterfell when he heard Bran's voice. "Why are you so cruel to poor Rickon?" The boy in question stopped to listen. He heard your voice reply, "I did not think I was being cruel." He could feel the bewilderment in that one statement. "Rickon is in love with you. He's been trying to show you that he wants to court you!" Rickon felt his face heat up. He really didn't want Bran to vouch for him. He wanted to get your attention on his own.

"I didn't realize. I like Rickon, really I do, but I do not wish to court him." Rickon's heart nearly broke right then and there. His first love didn't love him back. His ears tuned in just in time to hear you continue, "He is too...lordly now. He's no longer the Rickon from our youth. My heart yearns for the man who got into trouble, into mischief. The man who was wild." Rickon couldn't fight the smile on his face. You had wanted him once. Before he decided to change. Rickon made a decision and sped away, in fear that you would catch him eavesdropping.

Later that day, you were putting your horse back in the stables when Rickon found you. "Y/N!" You nearly jumped out of your skin. "Rickon. What can I do for you?" you asked when your heart stopped hammering in your chest. He didn't say a word. He merely took your hand and pulled you out of the stables. You followed behind him wordlessly, unsure what had gotten into him. He lead you to the kitchens of Winterfell.

"Rickon, what are we doing here?" He put a finger to his lips, indicating that you should be quiet. "Watch," he whispered. You huffed but let your gaze follow Rickon's. The door to the kitchen opened and the cook came bustling in. Your brows furrowed in confusion, but you said nothing. The cook was whistling some ridiculous tune or other as he wandered to the cabinets. Rickon grabbed your arm just when the cabinet opened. Somehow, Rickon rigged the cabinet so, when it opened, a pail full of flour mixed with water would dump all over the poor unsuspecting cook.

You couldn't stifle your laughter while the cook stood there, perplexed and coated in the thick flour mixture. Rickon moved to take your hand and darted from the kitchen. "RICKON!" the cook roared, causing you to giggled even more. This was the Rickon you missed. "Come on," he told you, pulling you along the corridors of the castle. The rest of the day was spent watching Rickon's various pranks unfold. When the last prank was finished, Rickon took you back to the stables.

"Where have you been, Rickon?" you questioned, going back to the task you'd been at before he interrupted you. He cocked his head to the side. His thick auburn curls fell in his face making you laugh again. "What do you mean?" You rolled your eyes. You hated when he answered a question with another question. "I mean, where has this Rickon been? The mischievous boy from childhood?" Rickon sighed and gazed down at the ground, a light blush painting his cheeks.

"I didn't think you'd like that Rickon anymore now that we've grown up. I thought you'd want someone more mature. Less of a boy, more of a man. So, I let my brothers and Theon give me advice." You let out a snort, causing Rickon to look up at you again. "Two things. One: do not assume I'm like the ladies your brothers court. I am not. Never have been. Which brings me to point number two. NEVER listen to Theon when it comes to women." Rickon let out a deep laugh.

When his chuckles died down, you gathered your courage and surged forward to press your lips to his. His eyes were wide with shock. You smirked at his surprise. "But I thought-" he stopped talking, not wanting to give away that he'd heard you with Bran. "Rickon, I've wanted to do that for a long time, but you changed. You weren't the same young man I fell for. Today showed me that you're still you underneath the pretense." Rickon reached up with shaking hands to cup your face. "No more pretense?" You shook your head and smiled. "Good," he said before his eyes sparkled with mischief and he kissed you.