Two Young Stags (Joffrey x reader x Tommen)

(a/n: it's kinda short.)

Never in your life did you think you'd be engaged to the young King Joffrey, but you were. You also never imagined that yet another young prince would be interested in you. Prince Tommen, the kinder of the two brothers, was also trying to capture your attention. He was shy, but he always seemed to hover around you. At first, it didn't bother you but the longer it went on, the more frustrated you became.

"Is something bothering you, my lady?" Joffrey asked you one afternoon. You'd been thinking about Tommen's behavior, but you didn't want to tell Joffrey that. "Of course not, your grace. I simply did not sleep well." Joffrey reached over and laid his hand over yours. While Joffrey could be cruel to everyone else, he had never been anything less than kind to you. Some would say that he truly loved you.

"It is Tommen, isn't it?" Your eyes flicked over to his. How had he known? Joffrey laughed and replied to your unasked question, "He is not very subtle. I can tell he has feelings for you. The way he looks at you and the way he is always around speaks volumes." You sat there silently, unsure how to respond. The last thing you wanted to do was make Joffrey angry.

As if reading your mind, Joffrey spoke again, "I am not angry with you, Y/N. And I am not angry with Tommen. You are a lovely person and I cannot blame him for seeing it." Before you could answer, he continued, his tone darker than before, "Nothing has happened between you, has it? Do you return his feelings?" Your eyes went wide.

"Of course not, your grace! I am betrothed to you!" you quickly defended yourself. Joffrey's posture relaxed a bit and he motioned someone to come forward. One of his guards approached with young Tommen. "Did you hear, Tommen? You are to be Y/N's goodbrother, nothing more." Tommen looked at you sadly and apologized. That was something you did admire about the younger Baratheon. He knew when to admit he was at fault. "It's quite alright, sweet Tommen." You leaned over and gave his cheek a short peck. Tommen blushed furiously and Joffrey scowled until you did the same to him.

/