Searching (Tyrion Lannister x fem!reader)

(a/n: This is inspired by Disney's "Cinderella".)

Tyrion couldn't believe it. His eyes found your form across the room and his heart nearly stopped. You were stunning. Your (h/c) was styled to frame your face and your (e/c) shone with excitement. You were watching couples dancing around the room with a smile on your face. Tyrion rose from his seat and made his way over to you. "Would you care to dance, my lady?"

You glanced down at Tyrion Lannister, your eyes wide with surprise and even a bit of fear. Technically speaking, you weren't supposed to be there. Your family had forbidden it, but you couldn't help but be drawn to the celebration so you snuck in. Tyrion was waiting for your answer and you smiled. "I would be honored, my lord," you replied with a small curtsy. He took your hand in his smaller one and lead you in a dance as best he could. The two of you spent a good portion of the night dancing and talking. Then suddenly, you were gone, leaving a confused and smitten Tyrion in your wake. He didn't even know your name.

*time skip*

Tyrion ran his hand over his face as he got out of bed after another sleepless night. There was still no sign of you. He and his guards had checked every noble house in the Seven Kingdoms and he still had not found you. He'd been searching from the moment you disappeared from the celebrations. You'd captured in attention in a way no one else had and it wasn't just your beauty. It was your intelligence and your kindness. He wanted to find. He needed to.

Tyrion splashed some cold water on his face and left his room in the inn. He need food and wine to think clearly but he wouldn't get a chance to get downstairs. As he turned toward the steps, he ran smack into something. Or rather someone. "Oh! Forgive me!" a voice Tyrion would never forget cried. He glanced up in shock. It was you.

You looked different in your tattered dress with your hair flowing loosely, but Tyrion would never forget your face. It haunted his dreams. You looked down at him and gasped. He was there. In your place of work. You looked away quickly, praying he hadn't gotten a good look at your face as you got down to the floor to pick up the towels you had dropped when you ran into him.

"It is you. I finally found you," Tyrion said in a hushed voice. You looked back at him, blinking in surprise. "F-found me, my lord?" His small hand gently touched your cheek. "I have been searching for you since that night. Why did you run from me?" You sighed. "I was not supposed to be there. I am a tavern maid, my lord. Nothing more."

"Nothing more? That is untrue. You are a charming, beautiful and intelligent young woman. A woman I have been looking for since she ran away. A woman that has bewitched my mind for I can think only of her." As he spoke, you simply stared at him. How could anyone feel that way about you? After only one night. You were no one and especially not to a lord.

"Saysomething," he pleaded. You gazed at his face. You could see the worry andfear etched there. "What would you have me say, my lord? As I told you, Iam nothing more than a tavern maid. Certainly no one of importance to a mansuch as yourself." Tyrion dropped his hand from your face and sighed."Yet you are. As for what I would have you say, I would settle for yourname to start." You scoffed and chuckled. You'd forgotten you hadn't toldhim your name that night. "Y/N. My name is Y/N." Tyrion repeated itsoftly with a smile. "Now, perhaps I could interest you in a drink andsome conversation. I would very much like to get to know you." You noddedand let him accompany you for the rest of his stay.