Found in the Godswood(Robb Stark x fem!reader)

You shivered as the cold air hit your skin. "Sansa, go get your mother. Tell her to bring an extra set of furs," a voice said, making you open your eyes. They went wide when you realized where you were. You started shaking, but this time it wasn't from the cold. It was confusion and fear. "It's alright. What is your name?" You told him quietly as you tried to curl up into a ball. It was disorienting to go to sleep in your bed and to wake up on the cold ground in a world you thought was fictional.

From the release of the first book, you'd been entranced with the world of "A Song of Ice and Fire". The more you read, the more you enjoyed it, even with all the tears. You loved Westeros and grew to adore the characters. They were you friends and family. You had fallen in love with a world that didn't exist. Or so you thought.

"Y/N, it is alright. I will not hurt you." You recognized the man in front of you as Ned Stark. From what you read, you knew he was an honorable man. The sound of running footsteps made you shrink back again. "What is it, Ned?" Catelyn asked her husband, who simply gestured to where you were. Catelyn's eyes widened as she took in your shivering form. It was no wonder you were cold. You were wearing a pair of thin pajama pants and a tank top.

"She says her name is Y/N," you heard Ned whisper to his wife. Catelyn took a cautious step toward you. "Y/N?" You looked up at her. "I am Lady Stark. You needn't be afraid. You are safe here." It took Catelyn several minutes, but eventually, you let her wrap the furs around you and lead from the Godswood. They took you into the castle, got you warm and dressed in something besides your nightclothes. Then, you met their children, including the young man you would end up falling in love with. Robb.

*time skip*

You'd been in Winterfell for a couple of months when you realized your feelings for the eldest Stark child. You spent the majority of your time in the massive library of Winterfell, learning as much as you could until you grew bored. Then, you moved on to lessons with Sansa and Arya. That was a little more exciting but, like Arya, you couldn't quite grasp needlepoint. You grew bored of that too, so you decided to try to learn how to fight. That lead you down to the training yard where Robb, Jon and Theon were.

"Y/N!" Robb called when he saw you coming outside. You were dressed in trousers and a tunic that Ned and Catelyn had been kind enough to have made for you. You weren't a fan of wearing dresses all the time. "Hey, Robb! Jon. Theon," you greeted with a smile. "Finally grow bored?" Theon asked with a smirk. You nodded and turned your attention back to Robb. "Can I talk to you?" His brows furrowed but he nodded and lead you out of ear shot of Jon and Theon.

"Could you teach me to fight?" Robb's face lit up with a smile. "Of course. I am flattered you asked. Shall we begin now?" You shook your head, nearly laughing at his excitement. "How about tomorrow? I told Arya I'd tell her a story after her lessons today." Robb agreed before kissing the back of your hand and returning to the training yard with a skip in his step.

Robb had been instantly taken with you when his parents brought you to Winterfell. Your curiosity, your sarcasm and wit and your beauty all captivated him. In fact, he hadn't shut up about it since the first night you'd dined with them, much to Jon and Theon's dismay. "And what, pray tell, was that?" Theon asked. Robb merely smirked and ignored the question. He wasn't going to let Theon ruin his good mood.

The next day, you met Robb outside and let him show you how to properly hold a sword. You tried to ignore the feeling in the pit of your stomach as his hands positioned yours. Tried to forget the butterflies that fluttered in your stomach as his hand then rested on your stomach to ensure your stance was right. You'd felt a pull toward Robb from the beginning and you'd tried to push it aside. You knew exactly what was going to happen to Robb, or what was supposed to happen to him. You didn't want your heart to break when he chose Talisa. When he...died.

Still, as he stood behind you, helping you with your technique, you knew fighting it was pointless. You turned your head to look at him and found his blue eyes already looking at you. They were full of passion that nearly scared you. After a minute, Robb cleared his throat and went back to teaching you. You felt yourself blushing as you tried to pay attention to the lesson.

When you were finished for the morning, you turned back to Robb. "Guess I'm not a very good student, huh?" you asked with a chuckle. Robb's laughter joined your own as he shook his head. "I think you are simply distracted. I know I am." The laughter stopped as the two of you looked at one another intently. There it was again. The pull. "Yeah, I guess you're right," you admitted sheepishly as the two of you made your way back into the castle for breakfast.

"You said you were distracted too. By what, Robb?" you asked him, taking the arm he offered. He stopped walking, making you face him. "Have you not guessed?" You cocked your head to the side in confusion. Robb gave a soft chuckle before reaching up and tucking a strand of hair behind your ear. "You. You are my distraction, Y/N." When you didn't laugh at him or pull away, Robb cupped your cheek with his hand. You nuzzled into it with a contented sigh.

"May I kiss you, Y/N?" You wanted to jump for joy but, at the same time you couldn't bring yourself to do it. You wanted to kiss him. You wanted to claim him as yours, but you knew you couldn't. You knew his fate. Still, why begrudge him, and yourself, this one moment of happiness? You ignored the little voice in the back of your head telling you that it wouldn't end well. Instead, you nodded and felt his lips press against yours.

You couldn't stop the tears that started as you broke the kiss. "Y/N, my love? What is it?" You shook your head and pulled away from him. You ran into the castle and to your chambers, taking no notice of Robb calling your name as he chased you through the corridors. Why had you been so stupid? He wasn't yours! You weren't even supposed to be there.

You tried to slam your door closed, but something stopped it. Robb's foot. He came in and closed the door. "Ow. Y/N, please. What was all that about? You let me kiss you, then you cry and run away. Have you any idea what that can do to a man's ego? Was the kiss that terrible?" One look at his face and you could see the jest there. You let out a little giggle making him smile. "There you are. Now, please love, tell me what's wrong."

You shook your head. "I'm sorry. I can't," you whispered. You turned away from him. "Please just go, Robb." Robb watched as your shoulders shook with sobs. "Y/N...I cannot leave you this way." He placed a hand on your shoulder. "Look at me, please." Reluctantly, you looked at him. "Darling, I won't ask again. I won't force you to tell me what has you so upset. Just tell me this. Do you love me?"

You wanted to tell him you didn't. To break his heard before he could break yours,but you couldn't do. "Yes." Robb smiled and wiped away your tears with his thumbs. "Then that is all that matters." He kissed you again, making you forget everything, if only for a brief moment. In that moment, it didn't matter that Robb shouldn't be yours. It didn't matter that he would break your heart when he married Talisa or that he was fated to die. The only thing that mattered in that moment, was that his lips were on yours and it felt right.