Feeling Loved

QOTC: "Love is just being stupid together." - Paul Valery
--------
"Your so beautiful!"

"Thank you! You are too kind." I say with a smile. I have been smiling for the past hour straight.

The party is well underway and I'm ready to go. It's like there is too much going on at once. I wish it was just a small party with my friends and family.

But since I'm the Queen, I have this huge party with a bunch of people I don't know.

I finally get the chance to sit down and that's what I do.

Jane comes over to me with two kids trailing her.

I smile. "Hello Jane." I say about to push myself out of the chair.

"Oh, no. I'm sure you are tired of standing. You can stay sitting." She says and I relax into the chair.

"Thank you." I say. There are two pairs of eyes peeking out behind her legs.

I get up and squat down by them. "And who are these little cuties?"

Jane looks down at her children. "This is my daughter, Lily and my son, Kade." She says sweetly.

I smile. "Ah, I remember you telling me about these two." I stand up.

"Sorry, there a little shy. My daughter has been in love with you ever since she saw you for the first time."

"MOM! You're embarrassing me!"

I giggle. "Oh sorry. I wasn't suppose to tell you that."

"It's quite alright."

I turn to Lily. "Lily. A beautiful name for a beautiful girl."

She smiles showing some of her missing teeth. I smile back at her. I feel a hand on my back, and I know it's Axel.

I wrap my arms around him, and he kisses my cheek.

"And who is this?" He asks me and I introduce everyone to each other.

"Ahh, you're son took this one home the other night."

Jane nods her head; proudly. I convert my eyes somewhere else.

Axel notices the change in my mood.

"Would you excuse us?" He asks Jane, she nods her head. Axel takes my hand and pulls me into a private room. He locks the door, and then turns to me.

"What's wrong, my little rose?"

"Well the other night, when Jane's son took me home, we got talking."

Axel growls, expecting the worst.

"I asked him if wanted my help, and I that I could set up a meeting with you."

"And?"

"He said no."

There's silence.

I look out the window.

"I don't know what to say."

"Don't say anything, it doesn't matter." I say. Axel just nods his head.

"Shall we go back to the party? I think my mom just arrived."

I nod my head, and he grabs my hand. "Are you ok Sweetheart?"

I look up at him. "I love you."

"I love you too!"

We walked back into the party, and I notice Winter giving us a smirk. I shake my head, and her face turns to concern. I wave her off. We spot Alice across the room.

"Mother, always have to make an entrance I see." Axel says to his mother.

"Well of course." I giggle at her response. She turns to me and gives me a hug. "How are you?"

"I'm good."

She pulls back and looks at Axel and I. "Is my boy taking care of you?"

"Of course." I smile gratefully at Axel.

--------

About 30 minutes later we eat, and start toasting.

The next thing I know, Winter is up front about to give a speech. I slap a hand over my eyes.

"Oh don't give me that look!" She say and everyone starts to laugh.

"So. Hi everyone! I'm Winter, the maid of honor and Carter's best friend." She looks at me. "Carter, I never thought I would meet someone as beautiful and strong, and amazing as you. I thank the moon goddess everyday for you in my life. I have no idea where I would be without you. You have helped me so much, and for that I'm grateful. I love you Carter! And I hope you find happiness with Axel, but if he hurts you.....I'll be coming for him!" She says and everyone starts giggling. I get up and hug her.

"I love you." I whisper in her ear.

"I love you too!" She says and hugs me tighter.

Alice is the next one to speak, and she says all good things. Then it's coming to a close and it's my turn to say a few words.

I walk up the front of the room. Wow, there's a lot of people here.

"First off, I want to thank everyone for coming. It means a lot to me and Axel." I say and they all smile at me. "So, I never thought I would be doing this. Especially as Queen. It's just so surreal. I want to thank Alice, my future mother-in-law. You have raised and loved such an amazing boy. I had no idea that our love would turn into something real. And you took me in as one of your own, and I could of not asked for more. Thank you, and I promise that I'll do anything in the world to keep your baby boy happy." I turn to Winter. "Winter. You are such an amazing and bright person. I can't believe that you're in my life. And even more, that you still deal with me and all my problems. But it just means our friendship is real. I never had a sister, but now I do. And I never want you to go away." She smiles at me, tears in her eyes. "Mom. I can't believe all the things you have gone through and you're still a strong and an amazing women. I can only hope to raise my kids as great as you raised yours." She smiles and mouths the words 'I love you'. I look out at the rest of the ladies in the room. "I just want to say to you and the rest of the kingdom, that I'll try my best to serve as you're queen. And take care of you all. And thank you all for accepting me into you're kingdom."

I finish and everyone starts to clap. I smile at all of them. After about 20 minutes, they all start to leave. I say good-bye to each one.

-------

"So how was it?" Axel asks later that night when were laying in bed.

"It's was good. But I'm so tired."

"Then go to sleep. I'll hold you." He says, and that's what he does.

--------

Wow. I actually posted a long chapter. Also, today I have auditions for showchoir. So wish me luck!