The Truth Be Told

QOTC: "What doesn't kill ya, makes you stronger right?" 

-------

"What do you think of this one?" Winter asks holding up a shirt. 

"Eh. It's okay." I tell her honestly. "I probably wouldn't wear it." 

She nods her head and put the shirt back. 

"We've been at the mall for 2 hours, and I still haven't found anything! It's not a good day." She says. I chuckle at her. "What?" 

"Oh, honey. If you think not finding anything at the mall is a bad day, then you have plenty in store." 

"What do you mean?" 

"I found out I was pregnant the same day we found out that Krit died." 

Winter doesn't respond, I don't expect her to either. We continue shopping, and Winter finally finds something to buy. Before we leave the mall, I stop by a kids store to look at baby clothes. 

"Do you know the gender?" 

I shake my head no. "We are going to find out, the end of this week." 

"What do you want?" Winter asks. 

"Doesn't matter. I'll be happy with whatever." I tell her with a smile. 

"I for sure want a girl first." She says. 

"Are you guys trying?" 

"No not yet. Soon hopefully."

-----

When I get home, I have a maid put away all of the things I bought; heading straight to the tube. I draw a bath for myself, relaxing as soon as my muscle hit the water. 

I decided to try one of those bath bombs I saw on Instagram. Their amazing!  Luckily my phone starts to ring as I start to drift off. I jump slightly, then reach for my phone. 

Rucker. What does he want?

"Hello?" I answer; putting the phone up to my ear. 

"You're pregnant?" He asks. 

"Um. Yes." 

"Why didn't you tell me! Are you sure you can do this? Is Axel forcing you into this?" 

"Rucker. Calm down. What are you even saying? Of course not! Axel loves me." 

"I just don't you to make the same mistakes I did." 

-------

I come out of the bathroom, wrapped in a towel to see Axel. 

"Hey Baby!" He gives me a kiss on the cheek. I don't move. "What's wrong?" 

"Rucker Jr. isn't Rucker's son." I tell him. 

------

"Okay. Tell me one more time. I want to make sure I understand." 

I take a deep breath. "So I was in the bath, when Rucker called me. He asked if I was pregnant. Telling him I was, he blew up. He told me he didn't want me to make the same mistakes he made. He went on to tell me, when he met Jasmine she was already pregnant with another man's baby. Being the good man Rucker is, he raised the baby as his own." 

"So Rucker Jr isn't our biological nephew?" 

"No." 

"I did not see that coming. But this doesn't change anything. We won't love him any less." 

I nod my head. "I know. I don't know what I'd do without that little munchkin." 

"Come on. Let's go to bed. I'll give you a back massage." Axel offered and I couldn't turn it down. We walk over to our bed and I crawl over to my side, laying on my side since I can't lay on my belly.

Axel unraps the towel around my body, and his smooth hands make my body relax.

About an hour later, we were laying in bed cuddling when my phone rang.

I sighed and reached for it. Jackson. It read.

I answer the call. Before I can even say hello, Jackson's cuts me off.

"You slept with my mate?!"

-----
Hey guys. It's me again. Shorter chapter but important. Unfortunately this chapter took off in a direction I wasn't expecting. So I didn't get to the general reveal.

I felt like there was some things that needed to happen before we focused mainly on the heir to the throne.

Let me know what you think!

Comment below if you think Winter should get her own dog.