We Will Never Forget

QOTC: "That's the thing about pain. It's demands to be felt." -John Green
------
"Axel? Are you ready?" I ask knocking on his office door. I open the door, and find him staring out the window, holding a drink in his hand. "Axel?" I ask. He turns his head to the side but doesn't say anything. He goes back to looking out the window.

I'm about to leave when he speaks. "I've known him since I was a kid. We got along so well. Even though it might not of looked like it, we were close. We told each other everything. I was so excited for him to meet you. He liked you know?" He says look at me this time. I just look back at him. I shook my head. Krit and I hardly talked. I regret that now. "He met his mate about a year ago. A few months before we met. He was so excited and happy. That was before he found out she was married to someone else. He was just human. They had kids together. He didn't want to break up the marriage. He just wanted her to be happy. So he left. Never saw her again. His wolf was practically eating him alive. He couldn't stand it anymore, so he turn to drugs and alcohol. Pissed off the wrong people and got in a lot of trouble. They said he didn't even beg for his life. He just wanted to die so he didn't have live with the pain of no mate anymore."

I walk a little closer to Axel; putting a hand on his shoulder. "I had no idea." I tell him.

He nods his head. "No one did. Only me. Even then he didn't tell me much. We never lied to each other. He was dying on the inside and I was too distracted to realize what my best friend was going through." A tear runs down Axel's cheek and I quickly wipe it away. "He wrote me a note. Telling me everything. Telling me to be happy and live my life with you and have a family. He told me to always remember him." He pauses, looking out the window again. "It just feels wrong to go on and be happy with out him being here. I don't know what to do anymore."

"Axel. He wanted you to be happy. He wanted you to move on from him but never forget. So we won't. Our first boy will be named after Krit. I promise you that. He loved you, and I'm sure you loved him."

"I did- I do."

"Then we won't EVER forget him. Okay?" I tell him. He nods his head. "Okay then. We should go before are late." I say and start to pull away, but Axel holds me in place.

"I know I've been a bad mate lately. I'm sorry. I guess I didn't realize what I was doing to you and the pup. Ugh. I'm such a bad mate. I'm so so so sorry."

"Thanks for apologizing. But you have nothing to be sorry for. I understand you have a lot going on."

Axel pulls me in for a kiss, and then we leave for the funeral. It was a lovely service. Many people showed up. Axel was strong. He told a few stories about him and Krit as kids. It was refreshing hearing people laugh at the funny stories instead of crying.

After the funeral, there was a gathering at one of the pack house. I tried to stay as long as possible, but the food was making me very sick to my stomach. I told Axel he could stay and I would see him later, but he insisted that he came with.

We ended up going to our house instead of the castle. I was happy to finally return home. Axel and I enjoy our night alone.

Currently, I was on the couch. I snacked on chips, watching the TV. One hand on my stomach. Axel comes over and lays down on the couch, in between my legs. Head by my stomach. He moves my hand and starts to talk to my belly.

I reach over and grab my phone, recording the first moment of Daddy and pup time. I smile. I sent the video to my mom and taking a chance, sending it to Winter.

Both of them reply with a few minutes. My mom is first saying how sweet Axel is.

'Aww that's cute. Goals!' Winter replies. A minute later, she texts me again. 'Wait. Is that Axel?!?!'

I respond with a smirk emoji.

'Does this mean you're pregnant?!'

I reply with a smile. 'Maybe.' I can practically hear her screams of joy now. 'Don't tell anyone. Talk later.'

She tells me and the baby goodnight, and I put down my phone. I run my fingers through Axel's lushes locks. He's laying on my stomach now. Sleep probably calling his name. Sebastian walks over to his Dad. He lays down right next to him.

Seb is getting so big, I can't wait to see how he does with our child. I know that they are going to be best friends. I fall asleep to the sweet thoughts of my future.

--------

I'm shaken awake by Axel. I open my eyes and glare at him. "Do you have a death wish?" I ask him.

He just chuckles, saying something about pregnant women. "No. I don't. I'm going upstairs. Come on."

I hold up my arms. "Carry me!" I whine. He sighs, but does it anyway. He heads over to the stairs, turning around briefly to call Sebastian.

We all head upstairs to the bedroom, and fall asleep tangled together on the bed.