As Time Draws Near

As the weather got colder, I just got warmer. This tiny Axel inside of me is growing bigger and bigger everyday. 

November has past. 

Christmas is sneaking up on me, and frankly so is this baby. 

As the due date draws near, monthly check-ups have switched to weekly. Everyone is nervously waiting for the news of the heir to the throne being born. Especially Axel. 

"As the time comes closer, its normal for the male to be more possessive and protective of his mate. After all, at this point in the pregnancy the father and the child have grown a bond that will only strengthen when the baby is out of the whom."

I nod my head. What he's saying makes sense. Axel will never leave my side. Last night I had to beg him to let me take a dump by myself. 

-------

"Bro. I just want to go to the bathroom in peace!" I tell him. 

"But what if something happens!" 

"Nothing will happen! I'll be alright." I say taking a step into the bathroom. I turn to close the door, when a hand reach and stops the door. 

"Door open please." 

I groan but don't protest because I really have pee. 

--------

"Is there any chance that the baby will come early?" I ask the Doctor. 

"It's possible. For normal wolfs, not as likely as Alphas." 

I nod my head. "Okay. Anything else we need to know or should be concerned about?" 

"Not anything that I can think of at the moment. Your son is very strong and I'm sure the birth will go very smoothly." 

---

After the doctors and McDonald's because I was hungry, we head to Alice and Mark's house for dinner. And yes, I was eating twice. Hey, I'm eating for two! 

Alice and Mark invited a few people over to celebrate 1 year together. 

When we arrive to their house there are already about 4 cars in the driveway. I get out and close the door. Axel comes around and wraps an arm around me. "Why can't you let me open your door?" He ask annoyed. 

"Because you're slow." I mumble as we walk to the front door. Without ringing the door bell or knocking, Axel just walks right in.

"Mom?" He calls out.

"Oh sweetie! You're here!" Alice says as she rounds the corner; seeing us for the first time. "Carter! It feels like forever ever since I've seen you!"

I chuckle, hugging her. "Alice. Looking good as always."

"As so you dear. How's my grandson?" She asks; eyeing my round stomach. 

"Cramped." I tell her honestly.  She laughs and leads us to the living room where my parents are.

"Mom! Dad!" I say walking over to them. I've grown close to my real parents in the last year.

"Hey, honey." My mom says as I sit down next to her. I snuggle into her side when she wraps an arm around me. Axel soon follows suit sitting next to me. I lay my legs on his lap and he smiles at me. I reach out to the arm laying on closes to me, and start running my fingers over it in a pattern. Sparks are lighting up my excited fingers. 

Mark and more people join us soon. The night was great until contractions started.