It's Not What It Seems

QOTC: "If I tell you the truth, would you even believe me?"

------

"Have you talked to Jackson yet?"

I shake my head no. It's been a few days since I got that call from him.

"I think you should." Axel pushed.

I sigh. "No matter what I say, he won't believe me. I tried telling him that."

"Did you sleep with his mate?"

"No! Of course not. We might have dated a little during the summer a few years ago, but we for sure didn't have sex."

"Did you kiss?"

I nod my head. Axel growls. 

"What do you expect? We were dating! It's not like I loved him or anything. We were 15 and at summer camp."

Axel nods his head. "I suppose not so pure as I put off. I did date a few girls before you. And no I didn't sleep with them."

"I think we should just stop talking about this before someone gets mad and starts a fight." 

Axel sighs. "You're probably right." After a few seconds of silence, he speaks up again. "Well. I just stopped by for a few minutes. I have to get back to work." 

I don't say anything. I just nod my head. A few seconds later, I hear the front door slam. I sigh, and stare down at Sebastian.

"You're lucky. All you got to worry about it when you are gonna get feed and when you have to go potty." 

He stares up at me as if I didn't say anything at all. I move off the kitchen stool I was sitting on, and head to the living room. 

I have some shows to catch up on anyway.  I settle down on the couch, and get comfortable when this baby presses on my bladder. I get up and go to the bathroom. On the way back to my Netflix marathon, I decide to get some snacks. 

We all know that I'm gonna want some later. 

Finally, I'm able to settle into the couch. I hover my finger over the play button and then press down on it just as the doorbell rings. 

I groan in frustration but get up. I waddle, yes waddle. What? I'm very pregnant! Anyway. I waddle to the front door. (A/N: Carter is around 3 months pregnant at this point)

I open the door, and surprisingly I find Jackson at the door. 

I open my mouth but no words come out. He looks tired and in bad shape. "I'm sorry. I just jumped to conclusions and I shouldn't of. Marcus told me everything! God. I'm a bad friend aren't I?" 

I hold out my arms, and he walks into them. I rub the back of his head as we hug. "You're not a bad friend. Just a good mate. You want to be Mark's only. I understand why you did it. I would of done the same thing, if I found out that Axel dated one of my friends." 

Jackson pulls away from me with a confused look. "Dated? What are you talking about? Did you date Marcus?" 

Once again I'm speechless. We're screwed. 

Quite literally If I do say so myself  My wolf says in my head with a laugh. 

"Jackson. I-" I begin but stop when he cracks a smile. 

"I'm kidding. You should of seen your face." 

I punch his arm. 

"Ouch!" He says rubbing it. 

"Don't scare a pregnant women like that!" I say with a stern look. 

He holds up his hands in surrender. "Okay. Okay. I'm sorry. I won't do it again." He leans into me and kisses my temple. "I love you Car."