A Christmas Surprise

"Baby, wake up." a voice whispers softly in my ear. 

"No." I groan. "The baby wants to sleep." 

Little kisses are placed around my ear, face. "Wake up." 

I open my eyes and they are met with brown ones. "What do you want?" I ask him. 

"I have a surprise for you!" 

I push him back and sit up. "What is it?" 

"I'll show you after you take a shower." 

I glare at him. He just smirks. "I hate you." I grumble crawling out of bed. 

"Love you too." He responds. I strolled over to the bathroom. 

"You better make me breakfast." I declared to him, closing the door. 

As the door closes with a click, his chuckles rumbles through out the room. 

I smile, I love his chuckle. 

------

When I get out of the bathroom, after my amazing shower; I don't see Axel. 

There's a pile of clothes with a note sitting on top. I pick up the note, it reads "Dear my beautiful mate. I hope you enjoyed you're shower. Now, see these clothes? Put them on. We're going out side later. There breakfast waiting for you downstairs. See you soon! I love you!" 

I smile as I see the really cute outfit. I've taught him well. I mentally high five myself as slip on the outfit. 

Once I'm ready, I head downstairs in search of this "food". I'm pleasantly surprised when I see a stack of warm pancakes. Axel has the can of whipped cream sitting next to the plate. He knows me so well. I pick up the can and fill my mouth with the best thing in the world, then I dig into the pancakes. 

After stuffing my face full of food and have no regrets, I follow Axel's next directions that he so kindly put on the kitchen counter for me to find. It tells me to get my coat on and go outside. I decide to put on my boots. I glanced out the window and see white stuff falling from the sky! Snow!

I grow more excited by the minute. I have no idea what Axel has planned but I'm so ready. 

I tie my laces and then stepped out into the winter wonderland. 

The chilly wind nips at my face as I walk down the stairs. I go to stand in the middle of the driveway, because that's what I was instructed too. 

I stand there waiting for something to happen and after about a minute, I see something moving down the road. 

It looks like horses. And...a carriage? 

I blink a few times to see that I'm seeing this right. I see Axel in the back of a horse and carriage. I just about to jump with joy. 

I've always wanted to do this! How did he know? 

They pull into our driveway, and Axel hops off. He walks over and warms me up with his mouth. 

"What's all this for?" I asked him. 

"It's one of our new traditions." He says. My mouth opens with shock.

"You're gonna do this every year?" 

He nods. "Why wouldn't I?" 

"Babe, this must of took forever to plan." 

He shrugs. "For you? It was nothing. Now come on. We have a ride waiting for us." 

He helps me up and we wrap up in a blanket. The best tradition yet.