Only One Way To Find Out

QOTC: "A smooth sea never made a sailor skillful." 

--------

I decided not to go to supper when the time came. I was still tired and had a lot on my mind.

Instead, I decided to do the most logical thing. I snuck out.

I wondered down to the local general store with a mission. Get what I needed and get home before Axel finds out I'm not in the bedroom.

The mission was simple but getting it done perfectly was the hard part.

I get to the store and head to the women's section. Walking past the pads and tampons, straight for the pregnancy tests.

"What fudge! Why is there so many options?" I say our loud.

"Pick the one was the pink box!"

"There are like 3 with pink- wait. Who said that?"

"Me silly! How can you forget about your own wolf?"

"Not that hard. You are hardly around anymore. Last time we talk was months ago."

(A/N: before you all blow up the comments, just cause you guys haven't seen her wolf in like forever doesn't mean she wasn't there and they didn't talk. In my story, the wolves tend to have their own life.)

"Yeah. I just feel it important for me to be here for you. You could be pregnant with my pup too ya know."

"Get out of here." I say to my wolf and block her. I pick up the closes box and practically run to the cashier.

"Good luck!" She tells me as I leave. I smile at her. Luckily I am able to sneak back into the bedroom with no one seeing me.

I quietly close the bathroom door as I go in to take the test.

After peeing on the thing, which is a lot harder than you think, I put the cap back on. Don't want to touch my pee. That's just gross. I set it down on the counter and start the timer on my phone; setting it right next to the test.

After about a minute of silence, I can't take it anymore and have to turn on my music.

My body slowly starts to relax a little. But I can't stop the nervous shaking of my hands.

After what seems like a lifetime the timer finally goes off.

I take a deep breath and stand up from my sitting position on the side of the tub.

I continue with the deep breaths and I stop the timer and pick up the test.

I look at myself in the mirror. "Whatever this test says is okay. You're going to be okay." I tell myself and then take the plunge; looking at the results.

I'm not sure how to feel after looking at the test. The only word I can think of is fear.

There's a knock on the door and then it opens. I quickly whip around, putting the test behind my back.

It's Axel.

"Hey baby!" I say with a smile.

He doesn't return it. "I see you're awake. Hungry? I brought you a plate."

I shake my head. He looks at me werid.

"Are you feeling alright?" He asks curiously, eyeing me up.

"Fine!" I answer way too quickly.

Axel crosses his arms and leans against the door frame.

Ugh! He isn't leaving anytime soon.

"So?" He asks me; raising an eyebrow.

"So what?" I question.

"Are you pregnant?" He asks.

"What? Where did that come from? I have no idea what you're talking about."

"You're standing in front of a mirror. I can see the test behind your back." He points out.

I start to blush from embarrassment. "Oh."

"Well?" Axel pushes.

"I-"

"Alpha!!" Taylor yells, coming in the bathroom.

"What?" Axel growls.

"Alpha Axel. There's been an accident."

"An accident?" I ask. Taylor looks to me for the first time. He nods.

"The beta. Beta Krit has died. Car crash." Taylor tells both of us.

I gasp. Axel has an unreadable expression.

"Axel. We must to leave at once." I tell him. Taylor takes the moment to leave.

Axel nods his head. Looking at the floor. I wonder what his thinking.

"I'll go pack." I tell him, walking past him to the room. But before I can get through the door, he reaches out a hand and clamps down on my arm.

I turn to him.

"Tell me. Are you carrying my child?"

I nod my head.

His eyes harden. "I just need a few minutes alone."

I nod my head again and leave.

------
Kind of a different chapter. You get the hard news of a loss of the Beta but then also find out you're going to have you're first child. Poor Axel.

Comment "bark" if you read that ^^