My Person

QOTC: "You are the definition of love" 

There's a knock on the door, Axel rushes to the door. Our son is currently sleeping.

"Shhh. What?" Axel snaps quietly.

"Sorry, Sir. Mr. Rucker just arrived."

Axel nods his head. He glances at me and then turns back to the guard. "Send him up."

I smile; excited to seem him, and excited for him to see my baby.

I stand up and walk over to the crib. We are still in the hospital. We should be heading home soon, which I'm glad for. I'm excited and ready to take our little family home for the first time.

I reach the edge of the crib. He looks just like his dad. I pick him up. He wiggles a little but soon falls back asleep. I walk over to the chair I was sitting on, and sit down just as there's another knock on the door.

Axel opens the door, and smiles.

"Uncle Axel!" Rucker Jr. says and runs into Axel's arms.

Axel picks him up. "Hey little guy!"

They hug. "Do you want to meet your cousin?"

My Munchkin nods his head.

Axel brings him over to me. "Hey Munchkin. You've gotta be really careful okay?"

He nods. I turn the baby in my arms towards Rucker so he can see.

"This is Ace Kristof Williams" I tell him. Axel smiles down on his with pride in his eyes.

I look up at him and he mouths "I love you" I return it with a smile.

"Why are his eyes closed?" Rucker Jr. asks. 

"He's sleeping, and most of the time babies don't open their eyes a lot." 

"Oh." He says and then smiles. "I like him. Can I play with him one day?" 

"Of course." Axel answers. 

The boys visit for a few more minutes but then Ace wakes up and wants to be fed. Axel brings him back down to his parents, as I start feeding my baby. 

-----

By the time Axel gets back, I'm about half way done feeding. 

Axel comes over to kiss me on the lips, and also touches Ace's head lightly. 

"I love you guys so much."  Axel says, pure joy and love dancing in his eyes. 

"We love you too." 

I feel Ace pull away slightly, looking down I see he's full and his eyes are open. 

"Hey little guy. Are you all full now?" I ask him. He just yawns. "Oh, you're tired. Do you want Dad to hold you while he rocks you too sleep?" I asks, getting no response just a close of his eyes. 

"What do you say Dad? Wanna hold Ace so I can go freshen up?" 

Axel nods, and takes Ace in his arms. I slowly get up still sore from 2 days ago. 

I go to the bathroom, and shower changing into something more comfortable. I check my phone seeing that it's blown up with notifications. 

I decide to call my mom so she can stop her worrying. 

She pick ups on the first ring. "Sweetheart!" 

"Hi mom."

"So? Any updates?" 

"Well you already know that I've had him, other than that everything is fine. He's wonderful only gets up once or twice during the night. Very healthy, nothing wrong which i'm happy about. We hope to get home tomorrow. " 

"When do I get to see him?" she ask excitedly. 

"Soon. We haven't came out with a final date but we are thinking Friday? We think it's good to have a few days at hope first. Start getting into a routine the best we can." I explain to her. 

"I totally understand. Thought the rules for you are different." 

"Anyways. He's sleeping right now, and i'm just cleaning up. I should probably go." 

"Okay, give him a kiss for me." 

"I will, bye." 

"Bye!" My mom says as we hang up. 

I head back into the room, to see that Ace is now in the crib. Axel is standing over watching him. 

I come up behind him, and wrap my arms around his waist. 

"Thank you." 

"For what?" Axel questions. His back vibrates as he talks. 

"For him. For everything." I whisper. 

"I love you." 

"Not as much as I love you." I tell him.