Chapter One - Surprise

It had been one and a half years. One and a half years since I saw their X-Factor videos on YouTube. The 5 boys that took my breath away from their first performance "Torn". One dream, one band, One Direction. My life had completely changed since. I didn't remember what life was like before them. All I knew was that I have been much happier and motivated.

Their biggest fans were those who were at every single performance of theirs, knew every single detail about them, had all their albums, books, singles and merchandise (signed too) and met them in every way possible.

Then there was me; just a 17 year old girl living in Australia where their albums didn't even come out for pre-order, hopelessly in love with them, knowing every single detail about them and having their whole songs downloaded and memorized, watching videos of them every day, and not to forget, always waiting for the day they decided to come visit Australia- not the biggest fan but still a very 'dedicated' one.

I woke up in the morning at 6:40 am, as usual, and without further ado, started scrolling through my twitter news feed on my phone. I didn't feel like reading everything so I just decided to check up on the people I would usually check up on. Of course I went ahead to check Zayn's twitter. That's the closest I got to talking to him (sending him tweets he wouldn't probably read). After finishing up with his amazing quotations I moved along one by one to each of the remaining boy's twitters. They made my day as soon as I saw their pictures, even if it was only for a second or two.

The only one that had updated was Liam. He had tweeted "New tour dates and tickets out now! Check it out guys" and he had a link attached to it that led to their website. Surprisingly he didn't have any spelling mistakes.

'Awe lucky directioners that live where they are visiting next. I don't think I will ever get to see them any time soon.' Those were the thoughts running through my head as I waited for the website to load on my phone.

When it finished loading I scrolled through the new locations and dates: 13th September 2011 City Hall, Sheffield, United Kingdom: 14th September 2011 Cardiff Motorpoint Arena, Cardiff, United Kingdom 15th September  2011 London HMV Apollo, London, United Kingdom: 1st October 2011, Acer Arena, Sydney, Australia. At first I just skimmed through them and thought I read wrong. So I scrolled back up to where I thought I read Australia.

I was right. It said 1st October Acer Arena, Sydney, Australia. I read over a few times and still couldn't believe what was going on. They were coming? Coming to Australia? Was this real life or was I still asleep? I pinched myself to check if I was awake.

"Ouch! Ok I'm awake" I whispered. I didn't know why I pinched myself that hard. I was sure It was going to leave a bruise. Out of excitement called my close friend Eda to tell her the amazing thing I just had just discovered.

"Hello?" she sounded sleepy; I knew I disturbed her by waking her up.

"Ed! Eda! Eddyyyy! It's Rim. Are you awake? Did I wake you up? Sorry but hurry get up! I have to tell you something!" I didn't even give her a chance to speak.

"I'm awake! I'm awake, no thanks to you, do you know what time it is Missy?" she was still mumbling but I continued.

"Guess what?!" I screamed.

"Uh...Um...um-" but I cut her off before she could say anything else.

"One Direction is coming to Australia!"

There was a pause after that.

"Edaa are you there?" I dragged. My heart was beating really fast and i was having trouble breathing properly.

"Wait, what did you just say? Do you even know what you are talking about? This is not the time for jokes." she sounded shocked, confused and sleepy, exactly how I would feel if anyone rung me up this time in the morning telling me my favourite band is coming to Australia.