Chapter Two- Planning

As I turned the corner of the corridor I saw Eda's long brown hair tied into a plait as usual. I shouted her name and ran to give her a hug tighter than usual.

"Vas Happenin'?!" I yelled.

"One direction!" she yelled back.

"Australia!" I yelled again.

"Woot!" we both hooted and high-fived each other.

"Rim, I found out the dates they are going to be arriving in Australia. Guess when it is?" she said excited. Of course, how could she not, she was usually the expert at finding out anything about anyone. You would tell her about the guy you like and she'd get back to you the next day with all the details you ever needed to know about him.

"Tell me!" I bragged.

"Twitter timeline and a little bit of stalking tells me they are coming on the afternoon of the 26th of September."

"That's 3 weeks away! But wait why does that date ring a bell?" I knew it was something but I couldn't get my finger on it. I started opening my locker and getting my books out for my first and second class, still thinking about the date. Three weeks seemed a long time away but I knew it was going to pass like the wind.

"You dummy they're coming on the afternoon of your birthday!" Eda exclaimed.

I slowly hit my locker door close and turned to face her.

"Get-out-of-here. You mean on my birthday, the day I turn 18, my favourite band, is going to be landing here in Australia." She nodded and placed her hand on my shoulder correspondingly.

"This is great! We both can go to the airport to see them!"

"See that's where the tiny weeny problem comes up." Eda said.

"What are you talking about?" I asked in a questioning tone. That was always our plan. When the boys come we were supposed to go see them together at the airport no matter what the day was.

"I can't go to the airport to see them with you. My mum doesn't let, I'm not allowed." she said going a bit quieter.

"Why not? Do you know how long I've been waiting for this? Should I speak to her about it?"

"I know, I know, I'm sorry but I can't make it and its okay i'll be fine. Can you ask Nazurah or Joseph?"

"Yes, well, no, um, I already asked Nazurah ages ago but she said that she can't go."

"Then ask Joseph, please, I'm sure he'll say yes." she started shaking my arm.

"Yeah I know ... but he's going to be annoyed."

"Not really he'll get to check out some girls." Eda winked and nudged me.

"True," I smiled. "But Eda by now all the people on Tumblr and Twitter and all the directioners here would have gotten the news. Imagine how many people will turn up at the airport, Imagine if I don't get to see them, imagine we don't get the tickets. Oh my god talking about the tickets they're on sale already we have to get them soon or else they'll be sold out." I was getting worried and making up all these scenarios in my head of what might happen.

"It's alright, I'm gonna order mine tonight." Eda said. "I can't wait!"

"I'll order it tonight too." I smiled.

"You do have the money don't you?" she asked me concerned.

"Yeah, of course! I've been saving for this all my life! Anyways I better go find Joseph before the bell rings" I hugged her and ran towards Nazurah.

"Hey babe where did Joseph go?" I asked Nazurah. My stomach was turning and I felt sick but I pushed the feeling aside and continued to rush everything.

"Oh, he told me to tell you he's going to Ben and Nick." she said.

"Oh right, okay, umm they'll be near the canteen right?"

"I don't know" Nazurah shrugged. I grunted and took out my phone to text him.

'Where are you?? :P' I texted.

About a minute later I got a text saying: 'Right behind you ;) lol'

I turned around and he gave me a fright. I looked at him and said "You're an idiot, have you realized that?"

"Well thank you. So what's up?"

"Okay,  I need you to do me a huge favour!"

"Uh-huh." He nodded raising his brows at me.

"Can you please, please, please, pretty please come with me to the airport to meet the boys?" I begged him with the puppy eyes.

"What! Why me? So suddenly I'm not an idiot anymore?" he winked. I looked into his brown eyes and even behind the irritation I could see he wouldn't say no.

"No you still are, but please come? Eda can't go nor can Nazurah, so it's up to you." I smiled cheesily.

"Seriously? You are asking me to go to the airport with you to meet one direction, with probably a hundred more girls that'll be screaming their heads off? I don't think so." He turned and started to walk down the corridor.

I stopped him again and was more serious this time.

"Listen please go with me. You're my best friend and I have no one else to go with. Oh and one more thing, it's on my birthday at least come as a birthday companion?" I shrugged at him suggesting the idea. I waited for a few seconds, he didnt say anything but looked at me dumbfounded.

"You know what maybe just forget it." I shook my head and walked back to where Nazurah was standing. I smiled at the girls and didnt bother looking back at Joseph.

I was a pretty stuborn person sometimes but only when it came to things that meant a lot to me. After trying to catch up on what the girls were talking about I got a text from Joseph saying:

'I'll go :) be happy you kid.'

I turned around to see him giving me the thumbs up and a smile. A smile spread across my face as I  appreciated my best friend's presence. I ran back to him and jumped on him holding him tight. "I knew you'd say yes." I mumbled into his shoulder.

"Oh did you?" He pulled back and held my shoulders.

"Mmhhm." I nodded and messed up his hair. He tried to hold me back to get me to stop since he hated me messing up his hair.

"Well I only said yes because it's your birthday on that day." He corrected and started to fix up his hair.

"Sure you did." I raised my brow at him and messed up his hair once again.

"Hey!" he groaned and I just managed to dodge him catching me in his grip. Before I could start running the bell started ringing and we had to make our way to class. I looked over at Joseph and he said that he wasn't going to let me get away with it.

I was lucky that I didnt have first period with him because I'd have to face whatever he was going to put me through.

The whole day was practically a bludge since I couldn't pay attention to the work in class. Joseph ended up eating my lunch as pay back and I didnt mind since I was too busy organising little details with Eda to pay attention to anything else.

After school Nazurah and I went to Roselands shopping centre since we had work at ICE-fashion for the future. Once again I couldn't pay attention to many of the customers so Nazurah did most of the work.

After work, I was walking home and still felt very energetic. It was getting dark and I lived three streets down. I had my iPod turned on and continued walking. Nazurah had gotten picked up by her mum so I was alone. Usually we would walk together and she would come over and we'd hang out but she had a family dinner at someone's house.

I've never really felt scared of the dark and today was too good of a day to even care about anything else.