Chapter Sixteen - The Dinner

ZAYN's P.O.V

I didn't think I could wait any longer. Maybe I should just get it over and done with; I kept thinking to myself.

"Hey, um can I ask you something." I was still half whispering in her ear. I didn't notice the fact that I was about to ask her out half naked but I just wanted to get it over and done with.

She slowly tuned around to face me and I could tell she was trying hard not to accept the fact I was standing in front of her in my towel.

"Yeah, Uh, go ahead." she nervouslly looking at the ground.

I took a deep breath and got myself ready. This was it; I was going to ask her out.

I faced her so she could see my face. "Will you," I stopped and ran my fingers through my hair and it was still wet. "Will you g-" just as I was about to say it Liam came in through the door startelling Rim.

"Woah," Liam said, "Sorry bad timing." Liam looked between me and Rim.

"Oh, no that's alright. Come in," Rim shook her head welcoming him in. Then she turned back around to face me asked "You were saying something?"

I was disappointed but also relieved that Liam had come in. Why was I being so hesitant? Why couldn't I say it already?

"Nah, um, I forgot." I lied and then looked at Liam. He knew what I was going to say and mouthed sorry. I wasn't angry at him. I was getting angry at myself, why didn't I just say it to her. I've never been like this before I would always just ask the girls out.

I started walking back to my bed to put my clothes on. Then a whole new set of thoughts started running through my head. Did she notice or know what I was going to ask her? Or was i just overthinking the whole situation.

"Hey Rim I just came to give your phone back." Liam said which made me stop thinking for a moment.

"Oh thanks how was it?" Rim asked. I didn't really know what they were talking about. "Hey Zayn, take your time getting ready, I'll meet you next door. Oh and try to remember what you were going to say." she smiled a cheeky smile and headed out with Liam.

I loved the little bit of cheekiness she had. It reminded me of a little cute kid about to go wild.

RIM's P.O.V

I was so curious about what Zayn had wanted to ask me and I didn't want to leave the room. I don't know how he could forget so quickly. Though I still couldn't get over the fact that I was standing so close to him and he was practically naked! At first I was thinking wait, this usually ends up kissing the guy but it didn't happen. I don't know if it was weird but I had always really wanted to touch his tattoos and know what they felt like.

"Nazurah sounds like a great person." Liam said drawing my mind back to the conversation.

"Yeah, Uh, she is." I smiled and nodded.

"Well we'll hopefully meet her soon." he said opening the door for me.

"Yeah probably, she'll be even happier then." I said and walked in.

"Hey, where were you?" Louis said throwing a pillow at me and Liam.

"Just next door checking up on Zayn" Liam said and I started laughing and chucked the pillow back at Louis.

"Fierce." Louis narrowed his eyes catching it.

I laughed and went to get myself some water to drink.

It didn't take Zayn too long to get ready but he came into the door full dressed. His hair perfectly done, his face looking charming as usual and a new pair of Nike shoes.