Chapter Six - Going there

Seems like it took forever but the day was finally here. It was Friday. The day of my birthday. In a few hours I was going to be at the airport meeting One Direction. I had always been a huge fan, though there were always those days where I would be so depressed to know that I could maybe never meet them, never be loved by them and never get the chance to be let them know the real me. But today, one of those 'nevers' was about to become possible.

During the week I sat down and made a little present for each of the boys. It was a scrapbook of all the memories from when they started out on X-Factor. I wanted to give it to them as a welcoming present. On each of their scrapbooks I had drawn them and written their name. I put the scrapbooks on my bed to take with me to the airport.

I decided to get ready, even though there were still 2 hours left for Joseph to come and another hour for the trip to the airport. I had found out the final details of which gate they would be coming through, so Patrick knew exactly where we needed to be.

I started off by having a hot shower to get all freshened up. After that I put on the white dress I was going to wear. I checked myself out in the mirror to see how I looked.

'My legs look too fat and the shade of my tan isn't that good enough', were the thoughts running through my mind.

"You look perfect." a voice from behind me said. It was Aunt Gizelle.

"Oh hi." I said to her twirling nervously.

"I know that look on your face Rim, you're judging yourself aren't you?" She said coming up behind me and putting her hands on my shoulders to give them a little squeeze.

"No, I wasn't." I lied.

"Listen hun, you look fab, believe me. I know what you think and I can tell when you lie. And happy birthday." She looked me in my eye and pointed towards my lips. She caught me, I was biting my lips. I always bit my lip when I was nervous or when I hid something.

"Yes ok, I was judging myself but thanks, I love you." I gave her a hug.

"Hmm, do you want coffee or tea or water or anything?" She asked.

"Umm water would be fine, thanks." I answered and she headed out saying she'll be right back.

Next I decided to see what shoes to wear and I had the perfect ones in mind. They were my sort of beach outing shoes with two strips of white/grey lace, ones that would wrap around my ankles. I put them on. I really had no idea what to do with my hair so I twisted both of the fronts of my side fringe and pinned it back with bobby pins and left the rest open. The only thing that was left to do was the makeup. I got my mascara and put it on my eyelashes and a little bit of lip gloss.

Aunt Gizelle came back holding a glass of water in her hand. She froze as soon as she came in and looked me up and down. She gave me the glass of water and told me not to move from where I was standing and she ran out of the room. I drank the whole glass and put it on my dressing table. Aunt Gizelle came back in with a DSLR camera.

"What are you doing?" I asked her.

"Just smile and do some poses, you look really good, believe me." she said back.

So I smiled and she snapped a photo. I kept playing along with her and made weird faces in some, pouted in some and just smiled in some.

"Can I see?" I asked her.

"Yeah sure it's yours anyways so you don't have to ask." She handed me the camera.

"What do you mean it's mine?" I asked before I checked out the photos.

"Happy Birthday Sweetie."

"Oh my god, no way! You shouldn't have! I love you too much!" I hugged her. There were tears building up in her eyes but she smiled got a tissue off my table and walked away saying "Gosh you're growing up so fast."