Chapter Twenty Eight- Hoping for the best

RIMMAL's P.O.V

"Hello, Rimmal." I saw Eda's fingers clicking in front of me. I had been long lost in thought. About what? Well Zayn of course. He's the only person who's on my mind all day and all night. But this time it wasn't in a good way. It was more like a terrified way. They only had two more days left before they headed back to Britain again.

I had noticed that we had stopped contacting each other and hadn't talked in what seemed ages. I tried to get in contact with him but it seemed as if every time we came close to meeting up something would pop up from his side. "Babe, don't stress over it! He's a busy guy he'll get back to you." she continued, of course she knew what I was thinking about, I talked to her about it every second of the day.  

"What if it's because of what I told you?" I asked her. 

"I'm sure Zayn isn't that type of guy, and he really seems interested you!" Eda answered. I had told her about the night of the formal how we were almost about to have sex but I said I wasn't ready. Maybe it was a coincidence for Zayn to start acting weird from then onwards but I kept thinking that was the reason behind it.  

"I feel really bad though. I don't want to get hurt and he promised." I sighed. Eda put her arm around me and tightened the grip.  

"Stop being so negative Rimmal. He's probably not like that." she said, before she could continue her phone started ringing.  

"Ah it's Nialler!" she said as her face lit up. Yeah, her and Niall still talked.  

"Go! Pick it up, what are you waiting for?!" I said as she kept looking at my face.  

"Okay, Hello!" she exclaimed when she picked up. I watched her as her cheeks turned a little red. "I'm good, how are you babe?" she asked now twirling in circles. "Oh you're at Bondi beach. I see, wow enjoying yourself?" Eda eyed me when she said they were at the beach. "Hey, um, is Zayn there?" she kept her eyes on me while asking. "Yeah? Well tell him to give Rimmal a call?" as she said that she turned her back with a half smile and walked to the fence and continued talking. I zoned out completely and dazed at the flowers planted on the right side of me.  

"Boo!" I got startled by someone holding on to my shoulders and scared the shit out of me.  

"Joseph!" I whined and screamed as I put my hand on my heart. "That was not funny." I said being a little too harsh and pushing him away.  

"Well, um sorry?" he said lightly trying to study my face. He sat next to me without breaking eye contact. 

"No, I'm sorry, I- I just yeah, sorry." I said feeling disappointed.  

"Hey, come here." Joseph said putting his arm around me and pulling me to his chest. This was it I was going to burst out into tears.  

"Joseph, no," I tried to pull away. "You know hugs are my biggest weakness." my voice now uneven but he didn't loosen his grip.  

"And I know you feel better after you let your tears go a little." he said tracing his hand over my head a few times. I started to cry with my hands tightened around his torso. With Joseph I never cared about how I looked when I was with him. He was also the only one person who knew about what happened that made me so scared of relationships. As I finally settled down I pulled back and he had a hopeful smile on his face. "You okay?" he asked reassuringly.  

I hummed and nodded as I watched Eda walk back with a worried face. "Hey you okay?" she asked. 

"Yeah, I'm fine." I sighed a long sigh and stared at the ground.  

"Okay so will someone let me in on what's happening now?" Joseph asked taking my hand and giving it a squeeze. I looked up at Eda to signal her to tell him for me because I didn't really want to end up in tears again.